back to article Virgin and Ubisoft team up for tournaments

Virgin Gaming has teamed up with Ubisoft to host online tournaments featuring some of the publisher's top titles. Virgin Games The collaboration kicks off when Ubisoft's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier is released early next year, with Virgin Gaming set to act as the online tournament provider. Unveiled by Sir Richard Branson at …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Frantisek Janak
    Paris Hilton

A title...and here comes some numbers 353535

UBIcrap and Virsh*te? Man, a match made in Heaven! For the wise, only a short sentence: Virgin and Metaboli...bwahahahahahaha

Paris, because...well, y'know!

2. Richard Jukes

well...

I think its a great idea, maybe it will catch on more and who knows even watching live championship games may be in the distant future. Its certainly worth a £1m gamble by a man who's company Virgin Media is 4 or 6bn odd in the red.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Megaphone

le irony

Gotta love that, given that Virgin's shitty, unreliable connections make things hell for people using Ubisoft's facist DRM that doesn't let you play single player when your internet connection drops out. A match made in heaven^h^h^h^h^h^hSlough.

4. Graham Bartlett

@AC, "Virgin's shitty, unreliable connections"

You are aware that in a recent poll of all major UK ISPs, Virgin was the only one delivering anything close to their stated bandwidth? All ISPs using ADSL (which is basically everyone except Virgin) averaged 40% of their quoted bandwidth. On cable, Virgin averaged 80%.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/4325-uk-broadband-speeds-increase-but-promise-to-delivery-gap-widens.html

I have no great love for Virgin when things go wrong - their customer support is pretty awful. But when things are working, they *do* seem to be working. I've been on Virgin for about 5 years now with no problems at all.

This topic is closed for new posts.