back to article Dell outsourcer lifts US woman's saucy pix from PC

An extremely naive American woman who contacted Dell’s tech support helpline reportedly got more than she bargained for, after some very personal photos were swiped from her computer. News10 reported last week that Sacramento, California resident Tara Fitzgerald, 48, had allowed Riyaz Shaikh - an employee of Sitel India, which …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. bothwell
    WTF?

I believe I can speak for us all when I say

What the hell?

1. Mike Brown
      WTF?

you speak for me.....

......what the hell indeed.

2. Richard 81
      WTF?

Err

That story is certainly a mess. Why exactly did she send him a laptop? Why the hell did she decline to sign the form that would get her money back?

1. Annihilator
        WTF?

And why..

to quote from the interviewer "Tara said she complained to Dell several times about it. It took her this long to try a different strategy and go to the media"

Instead of the police?... Me smells there is some details missing from this story.

Not that News10 didn't jump on the opportunity to effectively sum up the story with a "well, I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often given how much we outsource". Can this only happen with outsourcing then?..

I weep for humanity.

3. Anonymous Coward
      Linux

User

Seriously folks, this a messed up. Here I thought Mac users were dense, but this windows user takes the cake, eats it, and cr*ps it out!!

1. Seb123
        FAIL

Yep

It takes a real genius to be able to figure out the advanced functionality and UI of Windows. Seriously.

2. Code Monkey

Wow

I bet even 419 scammees are thinking this woman is thick.

3. gorgehead
    Paris Hilton

Send him another laptop and dance too...

I mean how dumb is she, is this for real! ?

Paris for, well that's obvious

4. French Tickler
    Paris Hilton

Ummmmmm, eeeeh, urrrr

Ok there are just too many things to say, <stack overflow>

Paris? - Naked photos on hard drive - need I say more?

5. Sven
    FAIL

Saw him copy

... wouldn't the copy be from her pc to her pc?

Eitherway, funny stuff. Big fail on her part and his part too. Like a bad version of a 419!

6. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Refund

Obviously she's too thick to use a computer, if she's lucky Dell will allow her to return it and provide her with a full refund.

7. Nigel Brown
    Paris Hilton

No, no title godammit

The depths of human stupidity knows no bounds.

Paris, cos, well it was a straight choice between her or FAIL.

8. Lottie
    WTF?

Smmoth

The guy is smooth. He gets caught nicking her pervy pix and then convinces her to buy him a laptop.

I need her email address because I am the daughter of a deposed general from guyana and have $40,000000 US that I need help to get out of the country.

9. envmod

er

what a fucking idiot.

10. ahahaha you won't catch me that easy again
    FAIL

or how about....

...."you did whaaaat??"

11. The_Police!
    FAIL

Whoa!

Absolutely mind boggling!

12. Sooty
    Coat

Nude photo's of Tara Fitzgerald

I'd be extremely disappointed if i got pictures of a 48 year old American!

13. Richard 120

loose

The guy goes all txt speaky and then chooses to add an additional letter to a word.

I really hate that typo.

Other than that it's clear monumental stupidity is still prevalent in some sectors of the populace

1. IR

Don't get me started

It happens so often now that my reading flow is completely interrupted whenever I see it spelt correctly.

14. Moz

Abject racism...

Abject racism by the newsreaders. Listen to the last 30 seconds of the report. Basically they are saying that this only happened because this idiot woman trusted some pesky foreigner. Coz Americans wouldn't have ripped this woman off, would they?

1. LochAwe

That was my thought, too.

It was such blatant bigotry that I went to the URL they displayed during the video, figuring I'd find it to be Faux News. It's an ABC channel "Connecting With Our Community." Close enough.

15. Anonymous John
    Unhappy

I can't imagine why.

http://www.webs.com/frozen.htm?uname=bitchtara

"We are sorry, this site is unavailable because it has used up its monthly bandwidth . Please try back another time.

If you are the site owner, you can signup for additional bandwidth by logging into your Webs.com account. "

16. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

Dumber dumberer and dumbererer

Hey it's hard to post a comment when words fail yer but I dunno what's worse, the person who rings a support helpline to find a file on their hard drive (!), then gives their credit card details away claiming after the fact to have thought 'don't send this, this is crazy', at the time, or the person who did it, or the company whose management allowed it to happen.

Don't they have those sheets where you tick the box most closely resembling the type of activity you were engaged in during the previous 30 minutes (paperwork, meeting, customer contact? Perving isn't a category on ours)

17. TeeCee Gold badge
    WTF?

Wow......just wow.......I am in awe.......

So, having won the Order of the Fucktard, first class, she then went on to get a bar, oakleaf and cluster to it?

At least we know where the paddling end of the gene pool is now.

18. Vladimir Plouzhnikov

It's sad, really

She started the whole thing in the hope of luring a young ethnic man to sleep with her. The support call to find missing naked photos obviously cannot be explained by her IT ignorance.

The "plot" failed, however. Not only she has not got the lover she wanted but the whole thing became public and embarrassing. Hence the whole TV interview, claim etc - a damage limitation exercise.

19. Jad
    FAIL

Indian Call center

having been on the phone to them this morning talking to Microsoft; I can't believe that “... He’s very charming and he knew exactly what to say. It warmed my heart, ...”

20. DirkGently
    Alert

Just confirms the expression

"Only in America"

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

and

India

21. Arnold Lieberman
    FAIL

Looking at the news article

She put the dumb into Dumb and Dumber... notice that she's using a wireless mouse with her left hand ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THE COMPUTER. Too stupid even to pick up the mouse and move it to the side she's using it on. 'kin 'ell.

1. Neil 7

@Arnold Lieberman

Actually it's a right handed mouse normally used on the right hand side but as her right hand is in a cast and she's kept it on the right hand side (dumb yes, but it looks like she'd have to reorganise her desk layout and that's clearly too much for her).

Must admit I too was shocked by the racist undertones in the video from the presenters - this story happening has absolutely nothing to do with India, outsourcing or any thing else for that matter. Could just as easily happen with a Mekin based Dell employee. Shocking.

2. Player_16

I kinda wondered about that too...

...but she does have a broken hand -but I wouldn't question how THAT happened. Such a 'dellima' Tara had with tech support.

Silly Cougar.

22. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

She's perfect

Slutty, stupid, and credit worthy.

23. Stevie

Gah!

There's three minutes I won't get back.

24. John A Blackley

What a nice opportunity to feel superior

Nothing else, just the title.

25. b166er

Dumbass

I don't like the cybe-cyber world

ROFLCOPTERS

Anyone else think she was enjoying it to begin with?

26. Robert E A Harvey

t t t

“My conscience is talking to me, saying ‘Tara, don’t send this. Are you crazy?’ I sent it anyway,” she said.

yes, dear. you are crazy.

27. Head
    Flame

Hmm

Whats the service tag?

28. Ian 5
    WTF?

I wonder

If she got to fill out one of those support satisfaction questionnaires...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like