back to article Colt loads up factory-built data centres

Colt has claimed it can supply factory-built, 500m2 Modular Data Centre internal hall buildings for installation in warehouse-type sheds at a faster speed and lower cost than new-build data centres. These are not shipping container datacentres, which are 40ft long and 8ft wide and only have a 320ft2 (29.7m2) floorspace. You …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Peter Mylward

A bit expensive!

"We understand a conventional build could cost €13,000m2 and the Colt modules will be less than this."

I hope it is a damn sight cheaper than that, who knew a new data centre would cost £169 000 000 000 000 to build. Google must be dripping in more dosh that I thought to have all those around the world ;)

Paris, because she knows how to make a number bigger!

2. Chris Mellor 1

Square feet, not square metres

ER... well.. we have to cough to using the wrong measurements. Write fifty times:

A shipping container doesn't have a 320 square metre floor area; it's 320 square feet. Dummy.

A shipping container doesn't have a 320 square metre floor area; it's 320 square feet. Dummy.

... Etc.

This was pointed out by Dave and a commentator who thinks he looks like Jimmy Edwards. That's the Jimmy who sometimes played a school master with a cane ... whack!

Thanks to both.

Dummy.

3. Anomalous Cowturd

@ Dummy

No Chris, I don't think I look like Jimmy Edwards. That was a reference to the icon I used in my original post. Because it IS Jimmy Edwards!

Now write out 100 times:

I promise to pay attention in class.

^_^

ACT

4. This post has been deleted by its author

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like