back to article Ex-Brocade CEO Reyes gets 18 months for stock back-dating

Disgraced ex-Brocade CEO Greg Reyes, who appealed in 2007 against a 21-month prison sentence for stock option backdating, has been given an 18-month term in the slammer plus a $15m fine. Reuters reports that this was given to him by the same judge who had initially sentenced him three years ago, and it works out at $33,708 a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Rich bastards

So... he's not in prison already? Why, with rich white-collar tossers like him, do they only seem to go to jail once every single possible avenue of appeal is exhausted, rather than being slung in there upon conviction, and then being LET OUT if an appeal succeeds? You know... the way it works with every other class of convicted criminal on the planet. What's the betting he gets a presidential pardon, or develops some unfortunate mental illness that would render jail time unconscionable, or disappears on his private yacht, if this appeal to his appeal fails.

2. bobbles31

The letters of leniency....

did they arrive after the verdict?

3. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

Apple?

Can anyone remind me why they haven't gone after anyone at Apple on this issue?

4. Eddie Johnson
    FAIL

Justice Delayed Is Justice Denied

When convicted felons defer their prison time with endless appeals they should be forced to pay interest. About a 20% rate seems fair. Defer a 1 year sentence with 2 years of appeals, earn an additional 146 days to be served. They all know the older they get the more sympathetic they appear. I was shocked Madoff was given effectively a life sentence but I'll bet he's released within 5 years under the guise of "health problems."

5. someone up north
    Headmaster

perphaps he can backdaten the sentence

he can use his skill in back dating? instead of another appeal

6. lglethal Silver badge
    FAIL

No Perjury charge on top`?

If he lied in court, why isnt there a perjury charge on top of everything else?

This topic is closed for new posts.