back to article Palin boob-probe Reg hack dubbed an Ass Clown

Sometimes we all need a dose of reality. And this week it was an unnamed Reg hack who got the wrong end of the stick when investigating the Palin boob job rumour. Reg reader Mike points out that contrary to the headline, the has she/hasn't she debate is not in fact the main issue on either left or right, or anywhere inside the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Smallbrainfield

Gubernatorial

is far too good a word to waste on politics.

2. blackworx
    Heart

Classic

"Your an idiot"

Gotta love em.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Headmaster

My 'an idiot'?

Syntax error: subject clause not found.

Anon, because I'm never proud to be a grammar nazi...

1. Parax
      Headmaster

My sentiments exactly!

You are = You're <> Your

Who's and idiot now?

Not 'Anon' sod the nazi! taste the delicious Irony.

1. Sarah Bee (Written by Reg staff)

Re: My sentiments exactly!

I fear this is going to become some kind of irony graveyard.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

How's this for irony

to quote the great philosopher, Chuck Lorre, "Thirty years ago I measured my penis with a wooden ruler; the irony was forever lost".

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

"Who's and idiot now?"

<facepalm>

3. heyrick Silver badge
        Happy

Who's *and* idiot now?

That is all.

4. Anonymous Coward
        Troll

Umm, I think that was my point...

Your an idiot == the 'an idiot' belonging to you.

However, reading the resot of your post, you're trolling, right? Or are you just complying with the adage that any post criticising grammar and/or spelling must contain at least one grammatical or spelling error itself?

Oh , sorry, speling error. There you go...

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

syntax

There's a syntax error in your retort.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

boobnotes

Am I the only person who misread the word Bootnotes?

5. Jamie Kitson

ahem

I for one am interested in our newly enhanced overlords.

6. dogged
    Stop

Probably?

"As we speak they're probably considering the impact ex-HP Carly Fiorina could have on the US Senate."

Uh, no. I was considering a liquid lunch, in fact.

7. Annihilator
    Unhappy

Slim pickings

That was the FoTW?? Were all the normal loons on an email ban this week? Not nearly enough exclamation marks, CAPS LOCK PROBLEMS and only one speling misstake!! This post on its own would qualify as a better one (except that I've thought about it, which would automatically rule it out)

We commentards are failing you, and for that I apologise. Must try harder, will see you after class.

1. JoeTheAnnoying
      Thumb Down

We need a monkey

I agree completely -- my nine-year-old comes out with better insults on a daily basis, and I think my six-year-old could come up with a longer, more incoherent rant.

The solution is obvious. Get a monkey. Get it drunk. Allow it to bang its head against the keyboard.

If the monkey's keyboard-headbanging ramblings are more abusive than any comments for the week, the monkey wins FoTW and gets a banana. If the monkey loses, electroshock it is.

I predict that within 6 weeks, the monkey would be winning FoTW every week...

Darn it! Where's the drunken monkey icon! C'mon, El Reg! We need icons that are pertinent to our real work!

2. Joe H.
      Pint

@Slim pickings

Ah, but the confused logic, a necessity in any good flame, was quite evident. The "your / you're" was bagatelle compared to the complete miss the comment has to the intent of the article.

Caps lock would have put it over the top, I give it a 7 out of 10.

Off to the pub, cheers and have a great weekend.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

The impact of Ms Fiorina?

You can guess it already. She will merge it with the house of representatives.

Like dissolves in alike...

1. Tom 35

No

She will outsource the house of representatives to China, and give her self a bonus.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

and who else

immediately Googled 'Meg Whitman' in the hope of finding a suitably enhanced image.....

10. Chris Collins

Ass clown

What exactly is an "ass clown" anyhow? Surely being able to entertain small children with the antics of your buttocks is a good thing rather than a bad thing? Or is it a reference to someone who enjoys the act of buggery in comically large shoes?

1. A. Lewis

It was missing the full stop.

It's actually an abbreviation: "Ass. clown". An assistant clown. Not even worthy of full clown status.

Well, that or an entertainer catering only to donkeys.

1. The Beer Monster
        Grenade

Reminds me...

Of Ass Chief Constable Bill Holland.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

@ Ass clown

An ass clown is a person who tries to deride others by making deliberate attempts to seem more knowledgeable, but in the attempt showing they have tunnel vision fixated on a select few facts instead of being able to see the bigger picture (or wrong information) - ending up as ironic comical entertainment value to others more professional about the topic, i.e. a clown.

11. A. Lewis
    Coffee/keyboard

Good stuff!

"Your an idiot".

That made me laugh far too much.

12. JohnG

Left or right?

Surely, she would have had both left and right done? Unless only the left side was done to stop her leaning to far to the right.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Ass clown swiftly followed by your and ejut?

Love that. How I howled. Best laugh of the day. That combination silently consigned to memory to be used in earnest at some indeterminate point in the future.

Reg Readers rock!

14. disgruntled yank

Now really

The state for political entertainment this year will be South Carolina.

15. jake Silver badge

Tea Party

Just what we need.

A bunch of little old ladies, gossiping and spreading vicious rumors about things that they know very little about, when you boil it all down ...

Sounds like politics as usual ... ::sighs::

16. IR

Ha

So instead of focusing on her boobs, we should be laughing at the fact that she the people she backed were already the big favourites to win, long before she backed them? It's like supporting an American team in the World Series and then saying "I told you so".

17. Ken 16 Silver badge
    Grenade

"winning in CA & SC."

What does that mean? What's she got to do with Canada or the Seychelles?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

From here in Canada I hope she...

never has anything to do with us and I'll bet the Seychell(ians/ese ?) also have that hope.

18. lardheppus
    Pint

Yanks for the mammaries

This proves the whole thing is just a tempest in a 'D' cup.

19. shawnfromnh

Can't believe no one's said this yet

I got her boob probe right here. :)

20. Martin Maloney
    Coat

This is what passes for political commentary?

Regarding the "has she or hasn't she" speculation, I think that she should make a clean breast of it.

21. This post has been deleted by its author

22. RixFix

The trouble with reporters from Generation Text....

Is that they always get Your vs. You're wrong. Always.

23. Equitas

Has no-one asked

whether she's on HRT which is often used to give boobs to the boobless?

This topic is closed for new posts.