back to article World Cup magic captured in Microsoft Paint

Youtube Video With the World Cup almost here, we're being bombarded with nostalgia - expensively packaged in the latest Blu-Ray and HD formats. But there's no need to invest in any of this, once you've seen what simple fan talent can do, when allied to the graphical might of Microsoft Paint. This comes courtesy of Sunderland …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Code Monkey

Lovely job!

My favourite is in there - Gazza chipping my all-time favourite player, Colin Hendry in Euro 96.

2. Matt Piechota
    FAIL

Sigh...

What, no Zidane head-butt?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

It's in...

the video. :)

3. Sir Runcible Spoon

Sir

Reminds of the time Zedan 'bowed out' of football :)

A nice recollection of some good edits here..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W7MvKge2sY&feature=related

4. Anonymous Coward
    Dead Vulture

Football?

What's this nonsense doing here?

1. Sir Runcible Spoon
      Troll

Sir

Annoying you, obviously.

2. /dev/me
      Welcome

Re: Football

I'm sorry, there seems some confusion. The article wasn't about football. But before I explain more fully, I'd like to welcome you to the bootnotes section of this site. Here we come to take a brake from science, engineering, computers and related technologies and discuss the finer things in live, such as the arts, crafts and, indeed, romance.

This article clearly demonstrates that realism in art is overestimated and often even counter-productive. Rather than bore the audience with clever details, the artist demonstrates a much more minimalistic approach to capturing the tension, drama and dynamics of the moment while underlining his own genius with his choices in palette and composition.

Such refreshing understatement. A new Mondriaan?

5. PTR
    Thumb Up

Classic stuff from the SMB

This thread's had me cracking up for days now. My desk is now covered with this "art" hehehehehe.

PS SEB ;-)

6. Merchman
    Happy

Nice video...

...but what it's missing The Gallery music from Hartbeat

7. Ian Ferguson
    Paris Hilton

"World Cup"

I presume this is to do with some physical team-based sport, but you fail to mention in the article what discipline this is.

:-)

1. heyrick Silver badge

Re: World Cup

I don't get what those people are doing evidently kicking a giant '80s cursor around for...

I think the "World Cup" is an epic coffee drinking championship. Well, it has to be something to do with caffeine, right? In a really big cup, right?

2. Rumcajz
      WTF?

I recognize it...

It's that one where they run around on the grass and try to kick the round thing. And when someone gets it into the rectangular frame with the net behind it, they go nuts. Why they don't just pick it up and run with it (or at least throw it), I have no idea...

8. Peter X
    Go

Illunga Mwepi related link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lHkgeBk82c

9. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

This is absolutely £$%^ing superb.

I'm wondering if Microsoft actually realise that stuff like this is ALL Microsoft Paint is used for, ever - and if they do, maybe they like it that way. They certainly seem to be showing no inclination to kill Paint off, or for that matter to quietly pretend it never existed in the first place. (Remember NetMeeting - and remember the only thing that was ever used for?)

10. Steen Hive
    FAIL

World Cup

22 "grown" men kicking a pig's bladder around a paddock.

Epic fail.

11. MichaelBirks

World Cup?

That doesn't start until next year in New Zealand, right?

12. Sam Therapy
    Thumb Up

HTFC World is the best footy fan site, ever.

And that's all.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like