back to article Eurovision website goes titsup, upsets handful of fans

The Eurovision Song Contest kicks off tomorrow night, but viewers wishing to do some homework on the contestants ahead of the live final will be disappointed as the official website has been titsup for more than 10 hours. Helpfully Auntie has its very own dedicated Eurovision webpage, which should assist Eurovision junkies who …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. spaxe
    Pint

mr. god, calling mr. god

"We at Vulture Central are putting our money on Latvian hopeful Aisha, who will be performing What For? (Only Mr. God Knows Why)."

Just don't bet too much money, as she was dismissed in the first semifinal!

1. Kelly Fiveash (Written by Reg staff)

Re: mr. god, calling mr. god

Yes, we know dear

1. Anonymous Coward
        Joke

Re: mr. god, calling mr. god

Surely it should be Lord God, if my Anglican education has anything to say on the matter, and if the deity in question is travelling with British Airways and has to fill out the appropriate honorific prefix.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Kicks off tomorrow night

Brilliant, I'm off away for the weekend to the wife's village where there isn't a TV signal so I won't even be able to see it by accident.

1. aBloke FromEarth

It's OK

We'll record it for you.

2. chr0m4t1c

iPlayer

Don't worry, you'll be able to watch it on the iPlayer.

Unless you have an iPad, that is.

Hmm, sounds like a good reason to buy one...

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

No escape there

You can watch iPlayer in Safari at:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/bigscreen/

3. Anonymous Coward
    Pint

Title Required

Oh dear what a dated piece of crock this contest is.

It's no longer a contest about music (ha!) - the voting is purely political based. Its the same story every year, x country will always vote for y country, every year, without fail.

I ask, what's the point?

Beer, I won't be watching it - I'll be getting pissed because there are better ways to waste a few hours of your life.

1. heyrick Silver badge

In defence...

Is it a heap of political voting? Most likely.

Is it cheesy? Very.

Is it the latest incarnation of a Simon Cowell pop-idol promoted wonder? No. And there's value in that. I'm heartily sick of the garbage passing as music these days, so for once in a year I'd like to enjoy something different, even if it is a Dutch girl singing in Latvian about the size of her milking bucket...

Of course, if you really think the song contest should be taken off of British screens, I will happily agree, in return for no more programme cancellations or disturbances due to football and those "the most important week of your life" [*] matches. Deal? No? Mmm, wonder why...

* - like the last "most importat week of your life"? Like the next one? Silly sods, I'd have thought the most important week(s) would contain stuff like marriage, death of a parent, birth of a child, winning the lottery - not football...

2. Burch
      WTF?

"It's no longer a contest about music"

Are you new to this continent?

4. The_Police!
    WTF?

12 people

seriously?

5. PeterHing
    FAIL

makes me laugh...

I love how you write something about the little eurovision site being down - but nothing was said by anyone when the whole BBC went down for nearly an hour in the afternoon this week. You obvioulsy wern't watching twitter chat then...

6. Andrew Moore

Changes this year...

They've gone back to panel judging but still let the audience feel like they are part of the experience by allowing them to text vote (can't kill a good revenue stream).

Anyway- bring back Sir Terry. He was the only good thing about the contest.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Megaphone

Certainly won't be watching then

I'd have used to maybe pop it on when the results were coming up to smile at how badly we do & how politicised it is, but with Norton presenting I'd rather wallow in a pool of my own vomit than watch it.

8. alan lovedog

not that political

if it's all political, how come a different country wins almost every year?

i;d suggest our lack of success is more down to the other countries sending their big stars and us sending 19 year old talent show winners...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

generally

We brits just dont' get Eurovision - there are two ways to win, 1 be very serious send someone of superior quality with a brilliant song and an amazing stage show that will create a real splash.

Or send someone who is completely outrageous. with a bonkers songs and a stage act so bizaree it gains merit for being so odd.

We just send an average person with a blah song and a poor stage show. A bit like a test run for the olympics.

2. Not That Andrew

It's not political

It's just that there are 2 rules to Eurovision:

1) Make sure you don't win and end up footing the bill for the next one.

2) Humiliate those British bastards as much as possible.

1. heyrick Silver badge

Humiliate those British bastards?

Why bother? We do a pretty good job of humiliating ourselves - FFS we send acts like "Scooch" and *actually* think it'll win.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Upsets handful of fans...

What? Both of them? That's sad...

This topic is closed for new posts.