back to article Flaw lets hackers delete Facebook friends

The Facebook security gaffes keep coming, with the latest being a bug that allows hackers to delete all of a users' site friends without permission, according to IDG News. The flaw was reported Wednesday by college student Steven Abbagnaro, but some 48 hours later it could still be exploited to delete an IDG reporter's …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Looks like Facebook is the new Microsoft

People hate it as much as they love it. So I wonder if in the future I decide to drop a friend I can claim a hacker did it when I get the inevitable why ain't we friends no more......

2. John Tserkezis

Boo hoo, I've lost all my friends.

Now I have no friends at all.

I'm so lonely.

Now I'm going to have to get a Real Life (TM) after all.

3. Winkypop Silver badge
    Alien

Planet FaceBook

Can we ship off all these FaceBookers to their own version of reality?

Please?

4. Quirkafleeg
    Coat

Where's the problem?

What are these ‘friend’ things anyway?

5. bothwell

heh

"Nooooooooooooooooooo my friends!!"

hehe, between this and the Twitter 'no followers for you!' thing there must be an awful lot of sad people on the internets feeling friendless D:

6. The Fuzzy Wotnot
    Flame

OK

So lots of FB losers lose their sad non-existent friends on FB, forcing them to get a life. So where's the problem?!

7. Thomas 4
    Troll

The cruelty of commentards

For many people, the internet offers a way of communicating with people that doesn't rely on face to face conversation, something which many people find intimidating, especially if they're shy or anxious in real life. Is it not unreasonable to assume that many of these shy people are smart, intelligent and witty?

Yes it is. Most of them are dumb f***s willing to whore themselves out, desperately reaching for a few seconds of internet fame.

8. Alexander Rogge

Blame the reporter?

With Facebook's attitude towards customers having become like the draconian treatment of students in some public schools that I know, Steven and other reporters of this problem will probably be blamed for causing the problem. If you happen to work for some of the technology companies and have a reported software bug, you might also be required to fix the problem in your spare time, and you won't get a budget for it. Either that, or the company simply won't fix the bug before selling the product to the customers, and the management will blame you for finding it.

This topic is closed for new posts.