back to article PARIS hits the road with live GPS tracker test

At 2pm UK time this afternoon the El Reg Paper Aircraft Released Into Space (PARIS) team will be running a one-hour live test on the GPS tracker unit designed to allow us to locate and recover the project's main payload. PARIS: Sponsored by Peer 1 Blue Tree Service's KoolTrax Lite delivers its location over the mobile phone …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Annihilator
    Heart

Is it me

Or has Lester got the sweetest of deals when it comes to employment?? A year ago or so, he came up with the idea of farting about with a paper plane dropped out of the sky and now he gets to go on a sponsored pub-crawl to check the GPS works.

My hero!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

STOP

Stop messing about on the ground and get the damn thing airborne. There's plenty of RC aircraft available out there.

3. Sir Runcible Spoon
    Paris Hilton

Sir

Paris, I love you.

No really, I do.

I've often thought of you

as I frequent the loo.

Sorry, too much politics has addled my brain. What was the article about again?

4. LuMan
    Go

True

That's right. Better still, get one of those rocket things that they sell in model shops. Bolt the GPS stuff on and who-o-o-o-sh! There's a parachute built in, so the kit'll be alright.

If it's too heavy then strap a couple of rockets together with string or something. That'll be well cool!

1. uncle sjohie
      Go

Top Gear?

Why not strap the car to some rockets? Just ask the guys from Top Gear.

5. Geoff Webber
    Black Helicopters

whats wrong with the UK

Why does the map show some foreign country with funny road names.

6. Anomalous Cowturd
    Paris Hilton

Orly?

Looks to cynical old me like Lester drove up a mountain, made sure the plane got a fix, then turned it off and drove back down the other side, conveniently turning it back on right next to a big road, then driving off in search of another beer....

Pictures, or it didn't happen!

PARIS, who else?

7. DelM
    Black Helicopters

Well?

It's after 2 UK time (I think) and the link in the main article still is pointing to any.url.com. Hrm.

Helicopter because maybe PARIS got caught in the backwash?

8. Wommit
    Paris Hilton

No good for me

I tried from 14:00 to 15:30 BST, all the time the URL was some 2 pixel picture. And yes I did keep refreshing the Cache, perhaps my ISP didn't, but no joy for this PARIS watcher

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It can be used to track the kids

I like it, it can be used to track the old and kids so the parent wont worry any more. I tried Glympse from http://cellphonetrackers.org/best-free-cell-phone-tracker-software-glympse.html but you need a mobile phone, lol.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like