back to article Google drops cash on soothsayers

The word "impossible" is apparently absent from the Googlonian lexicon. Mountain View's investment arm has just sunk a chunk of coin into a company whose goal is to predict the future. According to a Bloomberg Businessweek report, Google Ventures has invested an "undisclosed sum" in Recorded Futures, which GV says "extracts …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Move On, Now ...... Nothing to See here when they are anywhere everywhere

"The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer." with Force and Special Vehicles of Instrumental Deadly Accurate Force appearing to be the Present Default Interim Programming Meme rather than Elite and Elevated Special Force Command and Control.

An Odd Oversight Oddly Present to Correct Promptly for Beta Progress in IntelAIgents Fields.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not the first to do something like this

http://www.halfpasthuman.com/altaprocess.html (Clif High)

3. Richard Jukes

And thus...

And thusly Google aquires yet another data crunching company. It will not be long before they are able to define everything as an equation. Google will be the first to develop a fully funtioning AI. You read it here first.

1. some vaguely opinionated bloke
      Black Helicopters

Either that, or...

... they'll be stealing Hari Seldon's crown...

(go look him up)

1. Matthew North
        Pint

I wonder...

.. if Google will weather the collapse of civilisation and steer mankind's destiny from their hidden complex? Or maybe they'll just come up with really hot tips for the bookies instead..

2. I didn't do IT.
        Joke

Re: (go look him up)

... on Google?

You'd think the censors were sleeping on the watch.

4. TeeCee Gold badge
    Coat

Those predictions in full.

1) Cranking the handle on the Google gPrediction engine (tm) v0.1 (beta) reveals that Google will become a huge, evil, monolithic corporate entity dominating the entire world.

2) Google disappears up its own arse in an orgy of right-on self-recrimination.

3) Er, that's it.......

5. Chris Miller

Prediction is very difficult ...

... especially about the future.

Niels Bohr (1885 - 1962)

1. I didn't do IT.
      Joke

Re: see "Prediction"

If you search for a prediction of a search query for predictions and ask it to predict the prediction that the search queries...

Sorry - my computer just achieved singularity.

Guess I get to go home now.

6. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Intelligence ... Always a Private Work in Progress in Primitive Sub Prime Public Spaces and Places

"If you search for a prediction of a search query for predictions and ask it to predict the prediction that the search queries..." ...... is a conclusive prediction wholly dependent upon Sharing Thoughts for Joint Mutually Beneficial Action ...........[<<< Applied Thrust for Flight Destinations to Chaotic Hubs for Knightly Connections and Devilish Hot Heavenly Provision ...... Heavy Intellectual Property MetaDataBase Fuel....... CyberIntelAIgent Core Source Lode for Virtual Tributaries Contributing Considerable Veins and Vanes for Increasing Power and Remote Semantic Control with Global Operating Devices and NEUKlearer HyperRadioProActive IT Current Processor Units ...... for Full Loading of Sticky Sweet Stores to Virtually Visible and Freely Available Insatiable Drive for AIReal Walk on the Wild Side of Life Pouring the Lightness of Absolute Being on Dark Side Matters.>>> is a Shared Thought in Such Fields as Commendable Comments Control Sublimely and Immaculately Too.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like