back to article Google nixes Nexus One on America's largest wireless network?

Mountain View appears to have backtracked on plans to offer a version of the Googlephone for America's largest wireless provider. Currently, the Nexus One is only available for GSM-based networks, but when the device was launched just after the New Year, Google said it would deliver a CDMA incarnation for Verizon Wireless, the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. NemoWho
    Welcome

Certainly not the last time

...the Droid Incredible will be pointed to as an alternative to the Wrecks-us One. I've been doing it for weeks now. (That Verizon is doing so on their website is just hillarious for some reason...)

But don't fear, Google... I see another article here in the sidelines indicating that Vodasomething will offer your prized pig up for customers. Whoever they are. Is that Belgium, or Prague?

I, for one, welcome our new Android 2.1-powered overlords...

2. Anonymous Coward
    Heart

potato vs poteto

so will changing the name would change the game?

suddenly everyone is into this mobile frenzy playing catch up with rebranding, announcing revolutionary new function which fail to impress or captivate the public for that matter.

What do you think of the Android phone I asked a couple of girlfriends, "it's a phone for geeks right? was their answer. So, there you have it.

3. Captain Save-a-ho

Ixnay on the CDMAway

Count me among those not interested in buying another CDMA phone with the rollout of LTE around the corner. Droid Incredible looks every bit as impressive as it's GSM counterpart (HTC Desire), but I just can't see spending any money on a phone that rapidly approaching obsolescence.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Not a bad phone

I've had the Nexus One for about a week and I'm very happy with it. Some badly written apps do cause problems, but the hardware appears to be stable. Also no 3G and touchscreen issues, so all in all, a nice phone. I have the AT&T version.

5. MacRat
    Paris Hilton

It's dead Jim

Stick a fork in it.

CDMA is dead.

Even Paris knows not to touch CDMA.

6. gimbal
    Joke

Necks Us Huh?

Is that a BlackBerry app? Can I get that on my favorite non-(Jobs temper tantrums)-imperiled mobile platform?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like