back to article Viewsonic ViewBook 130 ultra-slim laptop

The slimline design and silvery-grey finish of Viewsonic’s ViewBook will prompt inevitable comparisons with Apple’s MacBook Air - reviewed here. The ViewBook is only about half the price, though, so Viewsonic is obviously hoping to attract people that can’t manage the MacBook Air’s hefty price-tag. Viewsonic Viewbook 130 …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Marvin the Martian
    WTF?

I don't get it.

So this one is half the macbook air's price (reviewed as 80%), you say it resolves some of that laptop's niggling issues --- so we must be in 90+% scores territory, right? No, it's 60%.

I don't get it.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

Too bad it's ViewSonic

Not going anywhere near ViewSonic ever again, after they refused to honour a warranty claim because I didn't have the original box to ship it back to them. (no joke)

Many attempts, each time cancelled on their end, and their refusal to even discuss other options.

Maybe it's different outside Australia, but in Aust... avoid.

3. Tom 7

style over function

If it fits in your pocket slim is good.

If you have to carry it around in a case slim is pointless. Especially if you have to carry a book to raise it up when in use to avoid RSI when typing.

I would imagine slim also means fragile.

4. nichomach
    Stop

Eh?

"...the 1.3GHz clock speed is a mite feeble for a fully-fledged laptop PC – especially one that costs more than £600."

Actually it's pretty reasonably priced and well in line with other C2D CULV based machines like the Acer 3810 Timelines which it most closely resembles in specification, and those CULV machines are more than adequate for general office-y type stuff.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Worlds strongest man?

'it’s still light enough to pick up easily with one hand'

God your hard :)

6. Timbo99
    FAIL

@ I don't get it.

I am just as confused by this review. This is an ultralight laptop that competes with the Mac Air!

No one in their right mind would be buying this for gaming so why the graphics tests and comment "serious gamers will need to look elsewhere."

Sounds to me like this would be perfect for users that need a larger display than a 10" Netbook but require high portability and connectivity. This ticks all the boxes.

"The ViewBook is actually quite a nice little laptop: it’s light and easy to carry, and perfectly adequate for day-to-day tasks.."

You said it! how about rerating this at least at 70% given the price / functions and quality?

7. hopelessness
    FAIL

Acer 3810TZ

The spec isn't as good, it's no doubt worse build quality, and it doesn't look as good. I am writing this from my Acer 3810TZ and I have to admit, for £450, this is the best laptop I could find. 8 hours of battery (I've had 11 hours with on / off browsing).

£150 less, twice the ram, same size HDD, same CPU, better build, and better looks. I don't regret buying this laptop at all.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like