back to article LG Windows Phone 7 handset out in Q4

LG showed off its upcoming Windows Phone 7 Series smartphone this weekend. But despite recent speculation that the handset would debut this coming September - when Windows Phone 7 is itself to be released - LG confirmed that buyers have a longer wait than that. LG Windows Phone 7 handset LG's Windows Phone 7: no name, no …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Individual #6/42
    FAIL

Hardly inspiring 7

The mock up doesn't go to landscape when you slide out the keyboard and can't wrap or zoom the day of the week text?

1. Adrian Jones

Landscape?

I'd rather the phone display reflected the way it's held, rather than the state of the slider. The N95 was much improved when they changed that. This one looks like it's being held in portrait mode.

As for the month not wrapping or zooming, from what I've seen of 7, the phone display is a viewport on a larger display, which would mean that wrapping or shrinking that text to the screen would break the style of the display.

I can't say I'm particularly bothered by it. It's not like I wouldn't be able to see at a glance what the month is from that.

I'd still like an Android version though...

2. Anonymous Coward
    Gates Horns

Win7? Why Bother?

This is a miss by LG. If they had offered this on Android, it would have been an upgrade to all the Droid fans complaining that they don't have a decent slide-out keyboard alternative to the current touch screen fashion.

Hell, I'd look at getting it too if it was an Android release.

3. Bram
    Headmaster

Brains

its just a mock up, it obviously will go landscape they are just showing the keyboard and the front screen. If it was a picture of a blank text it wouldnt really be showing you anything of interest with windows 7 series

4. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

Who cares about Andriod

I'm particularly excited to see what MS can deliver with this new incarnation of Windows Mobile. There is absolutely NOTHING that interests me about Andriod. Surely I cant be alone in this?

1. G_C

........ (and silence)

<tumbleweed rolls past>

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like