back to article Vodafone eyes iPhone switchers for fresh Sim-only deals

Vodafone has rolled out revamped Sim-only price plans. Prices run from £10 to £30, the ten packages offer a mix of bundled talk minutes, texts, calls to landlines and mobile internet data transfer totals. Some also bundle BT Openzone Wi-Fi access. Some contracts run for 30-day periods, others for a full year. So, for £25 a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Tony Hoyle

Wasted chance

Three are doing 1gb for £15/mo. T-Mobile want £20/mo. Vodaphone want £25 for the same deal.

They had a chance to revamp their pathetic data deals and faliled.

1. Jerome 0

PAYG

While Virgin are doing 1GB/mo for £5 on PAYG. On the rare occasions I feel the need to do anything as old school as make a voice call or send a text, I'm quite happy to pay the extra. I'm certainly not going to shell out around £20 a month without even getting a "free" handset for my money.

2. Sam Cogan

O2 iPhone Simplicity

I found that the cheapest tariff I could get now I've come to end of my iPhone contract is in fact to stay with O2 and get their iPhone simplicity tariff. They don't advertise this but if you ring cancellations and ask for it they will give it to you.

£20 a month for 1200 texts, 600 minutes, and the same unlimited data and openzone wifi you get with the standard iPhone tariff. This seems to be the best iPhone deal I could find whilst keeping unlimited data (or o2's version of unlimited anyway)

1. Michael Parker

Or, just get a regular simplicity contract...

The regular 12 month simplicity contract, 1600 sms, 800 minutes and 'unlimited' 3G internet is £20 too... and it works great on iPhone. (Yeah, you lose the visual voicemail and tethering but still...) Plus, get it through topcashback and make some dosh while you're at it.

3. nigelp74

These tariffs are pretty rubbish!

Your story suggests this will tempt iphone users to switch - I dont think so! In fact it may tempt all manner of ph users to switch *except* iphoners!! 500MB a month data? - give me a break, thats pathetic regardless of whether that much is used in reality. I am in the Android camp, but I assume most people with an iphone dont know how much they use? If so, why switch from O2's 'unlimited' web to something that could cripple you?

Get a better angle on your story.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Halo

second tier customers

it should be noted that not all of these sim-free deals are open to lesser-beings. if the deal says 1gig of data, then i'm afraid you're not allowed it unless you're a hallowed iPhone user. quite how they plan to police that, i don't know.

as a lowly android owner, i've been told on a few occasions that i'm just not special enough to receive any more than 500meg of data a month, despite having signed up to an "unlimited" data package a year or so ago.

5. Ascylto
    Happy

I Stuck with o2

Someone in a o2 shop switched me from my (expired) iPhone contract to the Simplicity tariff. If I joined online with my £20 a month I could get 700 minutes talk to any network, 1400 texts (no use to me) and unlimited internet (in practice over 3gb). AND I get a cheaper home broadband with o2.

More importantly than the above, however, is the one thing that, for the time being at any rate, is more important ... o2 really have got their Customer Services act together. They have been excellent in all my dealing with them and have UK call centres so I can understand them (Scots accents being OK).

So why would I change?

Let's see what deals they'll do with iPad 3g!

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Eh?

Voda have been doing SIM-only deals for ages. How is this news? I signed my wife up to a £10/month + £5 unlimited internet bolt-on for her Nexus over a week ago?!!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like