back to article Sony unwraps 3D Blu-ray player pair...

Sony Europe today announced its intention to release 3D Blu-ray Disc players over here, though it was silent on two crucial details: when and how much they will cost. Sony took the wraps off the BDP-S470 at last month's Consumer Electronics Show (CES) and today added the BDP-S570 to the line-up. They'll go on sale in the US …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Grenade

Yeh but...

All I want to know is ... what is the DVD region free hack? No hack, no sale.

2. Alex-TheManfromUncle
    Thumb Up

Review Time

"Be warned, it only gets one-and-a-half stars out of five."

Time for a review then to prove/dis-prove the 1 out of 5 stars?

3. Disco-Legend-Zeke

But Does it Have...

...NETFLIX

4. Citizen Kaned

maybe....

to be honest sony do have a great rep for BR players. but these are both lower budget ones.

im tempted by the 770 as it will be the 760 with BR3d capabilities and hdmi 1.4. but surely older BR should be updatable via firmware anyway?

i think i will stick with ps3 until i know a little more. although the ps3 is the weak point in my rather expensive home cinema setup. its pretty good but colours are a bit wrong and motion can be problematic.

1. LeBeourfCurtaine
      Thumb Up

...in that case

The PS3 is getting 3D via a firmware update apparently, so if you're going the whole hog and buying a 3D compatible telly you could save a few £££'s there.

(See the end of this article: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/12/21/avatar_storage_effects/page2.html)

1. Citizen Kaned

yeah but...

ps3 is a very low quality br player and very noisy. i want silence as that whurring really ruins the tension whilst enjoying movies. it also negates having decent b&w speakers :(

5. Johnr
    FAIL

Sony Sucks

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/Design/graphics/icons/comment/fail_32.png

I bought one of their units recently. They had a wired model that had netflx youtube and all the other goodies . So while looking around I see the next model up with N wireless - I bit for 75 more...and guess what the more expensive model had no wireless services built in !!! I mean whats the point of connecting then. Sent the crap back and bought an LG

1. Diamandi Lucas
      Paris Hilton

You what?

You say you sent the crap back, but then you replace it with an even bigger piece of crap an LG.

I'd take Sony over LG any day of the week.

2. Citizen Kaned

lg?

oh my god. bless you and your eyes.

seriously, sony have the best rep for BR. i suppose they are ahead of the game since its developed by them mainly. who wants wireless anyway? its unreliable as hell.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like