back to article Verizon lifts pro-abortion text message ban

Verizon Wireless has reversed a decision to "reject a request from Naral Pro-Choice America, the abortion rights group, to make Verizon’s mobile network available for a text-message program".. Verizon last week claimed it had the right to prohibit “controversial or unsavory” text messages, and duly judged Naral Pro-Choice …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Forget the content...

...content of the messages not withstanding, if you ask me, saving two characters by saying 'Thnx!' is unsavory enough to merit a ban on its own.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Ta

I agree .. they could have save ergs of energy by using ta. What is the reg's standard for work ? Actually, don't answer that. Whatever it is, its going to be not very useful in everyday life. Probably something like the amount of calories expended lifting a pint to the mouth.

3. Cameron Colley

Re: Forget the content...

Indeed! Considering this text message was probably typed on a full-size qwerty keyboard on a PC, the use of txt spk is particularly bad.

Shd w ll strt mmttng vwls frm r sntncs nw bcs t's cl nd dwn wth th kds?

Anyone who uses txt spk in communications other than those involving limited space and a phone keypad should be banned from communicating, or hv thr hnds ct ff.

4. Steve

@Cameron

"Anyone who uses txt spk in communications other than those involving limited space and a phone keypad should be banned from communicating, or hv thr hnds ct ff."

Sod that, anyone who does so should be banned from communicating AND have their filthy little hands removed.

5. Donna

er...

These text messages will be sent to whom? Is Verizon supplying advertisers with customer phone numbers? I don't get it.

@David: get with the times, it's thx now. You save a whole 3 letters now.

6. Joseph Kang

RE: er...

"These text messages will be sent to whom? Is Verizon supplying advertisers with customer phone numbers? I don't get it."

No. Someone interested in receiving these text messages from NARAL would send a blank (or properly worded) text message to a number to register to receive text messages from NARAL Pro-Choice. VZW initially said it would not allow those messages to be sent to subscribers using its network.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like