back to article China stomps cybercrook training outfit

Chinese authorities have closed down a firm that allegedly trained hackers to develop spyware and launch cyberattacks. Police in the central Chinese province of Hubei province arrested three people when they closed down Black Hawk Safety Net, described by the official Xinhua news agency as running the country's biggest hacker …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Robert Carnegie Silver badge

Since November, Black Hawk has been working for Beijing.

Maybe.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

Pull the other one, It's got Bells on.

Uh-huh.

It's damn obvious that the Chinese government is actively encouraging hackers, and actively encouraging organizations (like companies) that actively encourage hackers. They probably keep an arms-length distance from said hackers, but I am quite sure that this goes all the way to the top.

This is something they are really gonna regret someday; perhaps soon. They probably think they have a saddle on this tiger, but we thought the same with Bin Laden and co. in Afghanistan.

That being said, I'm sure that Western nations are doing exactly the same thing; just on a smaller, more controlled scale. I suspect that China's is informed by a much more "wild west" attitude.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Perhaps...

...Gary McKinnon is considered a super-weapon and that's why America wants to have him so badly.

2. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

China is more Advanced Intellectually ..... and Socially ?

"That being said, I'm sure that Western nations are doing exactly the same thing; just on a smaller, more controlled scale. I suspect that China's is informed by a much more "wild west" attitude." ..... Anonymous Coward Posted Monday 8th February 2010 12:04 GM

Of course they are , but on a scale which you would probably not imagine and controlled by those whom you would and will never know, which is also the dilemma which haunts those in nations who have dirty little secrets to hide about nations and themselves.

But that is their problem to worry about and enjoy, for that is the bed that they made for themselves.

3. Graham Marsden
    Black Helicopters

Chinese authorities have closed down a firm....

... and taken it under State control...

1. Ivan Slavkov

That is called nationalisation

Failing important infrastructure companies like Railtrack needs to be nationalised in all countries. China notwithstanding.

1. Anonymous Coward
        WTF?

Wha...?

I mean, WTF?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like