back to article Oracle power couple take Manhattan by billboard

A bizarre series of billboards have appeared in Manhattan, featuring the grinning mugs of Oracle president Charles Phillips and partner YaVaughnie Wilkins. The posters feature a touchingly romantic message - from "c.e.p," aka Phillips - complete with an incredibly long URL that invites passing New Yorkers to visit an online …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Richard 39

may I be the first to say...

WTF is up with that chin!!

2. lukewarmdog
    Coat

Sorry

Skeptics feel Phillips could be apologizing for something big

- Maybe he promised her the moon 8 years ago and now he's trying to buy her off with Sun

1. Serenity
      Thumb Up

Re: Sorry

You just made my day, thankfully I finished my last cup of coffee so no new keyboards required.

3. lglethal Silver badge
    Joke

subtle art of self-promotion...

hahahaha you owe me a new keyboard El Reg...

I hate to think what non-subtle would look like...

4. Daedalus
    Grenade

Update needed

Turns out Phillips had an affair with Wilkins and this was an attempt to embarrass him, perpetrated by her and a third party. Surprisingly he admitted it rather than telling journalists to stuff it. Maybe he'd prefer to stuff a journalist at a later date.

See http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/01/22/oracle-president-admits-affair-after-billboards-appear/?ref=technology

5. EJ

Make the check out to "Eldrick T Woods"

After Tiger's details, this all seems like wholesome activities. Phillips should send him a thank you gift.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like