back to article 'Fizzy phone' tops wacky handset list

Smartphones grab most handset headlines these days, but if the latest devices from, respectively, a Chinese designer and Korean manufacturer Pantech are anything to by then there’s still a market for weird and wacky phones. Nokia_coka_phone_01 Daizi Zheng's phone runs on fizzy drinks Designer Daizi Zheng, who claims to be …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. David Edwards

Urine

Obviously how Green it is depnds on how much you consider the energy required to produce the Cola. Now if it ran on Urine then that would would be green (or at least yellow)!

1. Jason D
      Pint

Then the real question is...

Would you want to put you mouth to something you just peed into? What about the smell?

It'd be funny for a talking point though, 'Hey, you wanna use my iPee?'

Beer because, to me, it smells the same...

2. Jerome 0
      Coat

Urine luck!

At least it might stop muggers wanting to take the piss.

3. Anonymous Coward
      Coat

@Urine

Voice over IP?

Mine's the one on the hook next to the bathroom...

2. Francis Boyle Silver badge

Finally a use

For that muck in a red can.

OK, another use - I seem to remember Mythbusters demonstrating that it's quite useful for cleaning chrome. I've heard that people drink it as well but that just has to be myth.

1. Jerome 0
      Coffee/keyboard

Mentos

From what I recall of YouTube videos, its primary use is causing Mentos to explode violently.

3. Allan George Dyer
    Pint

New excuse

"I've been trying to call you all day!"

"Sorry, I drank my phone battery."

4. Dale 3

Just don't shake the phone

I presume it doesn't have a vibrating ring option either?

1. Lockwood
      Pint

NHS Drink awareness app

Unit calculation?

"Pour what you would have drunk into your phone to calculate how many units you would have drunk.!

5. Scott Broukell
    Thumb Up

@ David Edwards: taking the piss

My thoughts exactly.

Further to this, the phone could analyze the dna in the urine sample and, when matched with the initial (pre-operational) sample, it could allow the authorized user to make a call etc.

It could replace the ID card as an all-in-one personal piss sample dna biometric thingmy watsit.

If you needed a top in the lav whilst out on the razz the device could also warn you of potentially damaging blood / alcohol levels.

Forget the fizzy drinks, we've done enough serious pissing about as a species, let's go yellow and save the humin wace.

6. pctechxp
    Happy

Its a good idea

No waiting around to charge now.

Just hope it'll run on the cheaper stuff and not flush it out with the response 'I'm not drinking that'

7. Anonymous Coward
    Pint

Why soda?

It seems to me if this is really running on the sugars in the liquid, just straight sugar-water would be much cheaper, less damaging to the phone, and easier to clean. IIRC, coca-cola is some pretty corrosive stuff.

8. Gavin Bloeman
    Alien

I had to check my calendar then...

I wanted to know if it was April 1st already. Crazy apples those are!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like