back to article 'Peeping Tom' caught on own camera

Police have issued a fetching self-portrait of a man who was caught on the miniature camera he put in the ladies changing room of a Cheshire supermarket. The Peeping Tom caught on his own camera A police statement explains: "Police in Warrington are keen to trace a man who placed a small camera in a fitting room at Asda in …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. D@v3
    FAIL

Epic.

That is all

1. LinkOfHyrule
      Coat

Ha ha ha, he he he, ho ho ho, FAIL

EPIC FAIL!

Mines the one with the spy cam in the pocket.

2. The Vociferous Time Waster

Good job

Was in place for 30 mins before it was discovered... this bud's for you, fucknuckle.

3. Mike Taylor 2

CSI Asda

Forensic?? Otherwise known as looking.

4. irish donkey
    Thumb Up

Outstanding

I would imagine if it wasn't for this he would be a candidate for a Darwin award.

I wonder how he is going to like having his picture in a compromising position posted all over the internet

1. Anonymous Coward
      Thumb Down

@Irish donkey

You must die to get a Darwin award. Any awards granted to living organisms are invalid.

Unless you're advocating the death sentence for this, then...?

1. Fred Flintstone Gold badge
        Happy

Well..

That's not strictly true - the criteria is to remove yourself from the gene pool so you can't procreate. The mainstay of Darwin Award winners do that indeed by killing themselves in various entertaining fashions, but one got the award while still alive because he used a bullet as a fuse, which heated up and proceeded to blow his nuts off (I think, it's been a while).

Having said this, active euthanasia would indeed be a somewhat harsh option to resolve Repetive Stain Injury.

2. Oninoshiko
        Headmaster

*sigh*

Actually you must "remove yourself from the gene pool" to earn a darwan award. While this normally means a chat with St. Peter, it doesn't always... there are other ways to be sure you can't procreate!

5. Lottie
    FAIL

idiot

Epic fail

6. David 45

Access

How did a male manage to get into the ladies' changing room in the first place? Clothing shops I have visited usually have some sort of security person on guard outside to stop shoplifting. Shouldn't think he stands much chance of evasion with such a clear picture! Keep us all posted. I reckon he looks like Michael Barrymore - poor guy!

7. Cosmo
    FAIL

May I be the first to say...

pwned

8. S Larti
    FAIL

"It Asda be...

Pervert!"

9. The BigYin

What's the problem?

It's obviously part of the Labour anti-crime initiative to crack down on shoplifting.

It will also allow NHS operatives to check on on how fat customers are so they can be given advice in store.

If you have nothing to hid, you have nothing to fear and I for one welcome this new initiave to keep me safe with open arms.

(This post may contain trace of "lie").

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@David 45

All the supermarkets round our way have generic changing rooms*, I assume this is the case here so El Reg's use of the term "ladies" may just be gutter press-tittilation** and not actually based on fact.

*BBC just lists it as a changing room

**Assumedly he wanted to video women changing but until he is caught and questioned this might not be the case - he might have really been after men or children.

Alternatively..

He couldn't come up with a better way to instant fame.

In that case, well done..

11. Anonymous Coward
    Linux

@David 45

Asda and what not usually have uni-sex changing rooms. Its only the proper clothes shops that split the sex's up

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

They saw him leave the... ladies?

That's what I thought...

but how did they catch or even look so quickly?

My first guess would have been, someone saw him leave a female changing room...

12. LuMan
    Thumb Up

Brilliant!

I bet he's too scared to leave the house now!

One thing, though - is he REALLY standing on an ASDA shopping basket??

13. brimful
    Flame

Can't understand it

Why would he want to peep on ladies trying on a new dress? It's not like many women take off ALL their clothes in the process of changing do they? If he really wants to see pictures of women in lingerie then all he has to do is go to Ann Summers or similar and pick up a catalog. Although, I must give him credit for not deciding to stick the camera in the ladies lavatories. That would just be wrong.

Flame, cos it's going to get pretty cosy where he'll end up if caught.

Obviously..

.. he needed this to go tits up. He wasn't going to ars* around.

I have to stop this, I could be here all day (which is more than can be said for the camera - or him).

Aaargh!

14. Seanie Ryan
    Grenade

non-expiring dress

its a good job the police described what he was wearing as i could not see it in front of me... i'll keep my eyes open for someone dressed like that so because its soooo likely that he will stay dressed in the same clothes until captured....

1. heyrick Silver badge
      FAIL

Keeping the same clothes on?

Well... he was stupid enough to capture a great mugshot of himself, so who knows?

FAIL, because sometimes it's the only answer.

15. handle

@Seanie Ryan

No you dunce - the description of the clothes is to jog the memories of people who might have seen someone wearing those clothes before.

16. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

<untitled>

Super: One doesn't have to die to win a Darwin award. If the photoed ladies catch him and cut off his goolies, that'd do it.

brimful: Ah yeah, but Ann Summers' models know they're being photographed. That's not "forbidden fruit".

17. Yet Another Anonymous coward Silver badge

Official CCTVin changing rooms

Didn't tesco get into trouble when official CCTV from it's changing rooms ended up on the net?

Did this guy just forget to register with the DPA?

18. IR

So

Why didn't they just wait for him to go back and collect the camera at the end of the day? Presumably it isn't a completely wireless set-up.

19. Winkypop Silver badge
    FAIL

Put him in a small room...

....and stick a spy camera on the ceiling of his cell.

20. Geo
    FAIL

Busted

Safesearch = OFF

Google - Ladies changing rooms....

Result is a lot less hassle...probably :P ....Idiot

21. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

I don't know about Warrington....

....but my local Asda isn't exactly full of hotties, in fact....*shudder*....oh God, just the thought....

22. Dr Patrick J R Harkin

@Lee

"**Assumedly he wanted to video women changing but until he is caught and questioned this might not be the case - he might have really been after men or children."

Or Daleks. You never know.

23. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

My question is...

Will he be smart enough to reduce his hard disk to dust and then distribute it in a way that it can never be reconstructed?

And will he be smart enough to unsecure his wireless network so that he can blame his neighbours for any embarrasing downloads or uploads. Although I dont think this defense will work.

I suspect forensics might find a little bit more material if they catch him quick, unless he failed on his first attempt.

And if anybody find the successful videos posted on the net send me the URL :)

24. Sam Therapy
    FAIL

Heh

Weapons grade stupidity.

25. tony trolle
    Big Brother

looks like "jim"

no he does.

26. spezzer
    Thumb Down

jeez...

Asda? hasnt this guy got any standards? could have picked something a bit more up market!

27. tony trolle
    FAIL

44 year old man arrested

Cheshire Police spokesman said: "A 44-year-old man was arrested as a result of a media appeal." "He has been bailed pending further enquiries."

mmmmm further enquiries photo not good enough ?

28. Dennis
    Pirate

Re: 44 year old man arrested

Time to get a picture of ASBO boy down the road. A little adjustment to make it look like a self picture before installation. Then tuck the camera into the changing room ceiling. One more troublemaker off the streets.

This topic is closed for new posts.