back to article Yahoo! apes! Google! with! more! Web2.0rhea!

Yahoo! has answered Google's brand new "real-time" search interface, adding, yes, Tweets to the primary results that turn up when you run a query on its lame duck search engine. "Starting today, you will see recent tweets directly integrated on the Web search result page when you search for buzzy topics," Yahooligans Ivan …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

lame duck search engine

Not in Asia it's not - Yahoo usage far outstrips google usage in Japan, for instance. No, I don't work for them. Or google.

2. Students not allowed?
    FAIL

Ooo... this looks popular... lets wait a while...

"and when there is a spike in interest in a topic"...

So they wait for a decrease in popularity before they go and add they spread the digested remains of lunch over their search results?

3. KenBW2

Just what we need

more crap to spam into the results page

4. Chris 22
    Badgers

Relevant Tweets?

There are such things as relevant tweets? I though that went against the whole point of the service?

5. Fluffykins Silver badge

Use Yahoo?

Yeah, right.

As much as I'd use any company that distributed its applications like malware - semi-hidden on the installers of completely unrelated bits of software.

1. Ian Yates

A dig?

I'm not sure if that was a dig at Yahoo! or a hugely sarcastic one at Google, considering I see Google Toolbar auto-bundled with far more things than I've ever seen of Yahoo!s.

2. TeeCee Gold badge

malware?

Hmm, ever tried uninstalling the Google Updater? As far as I can make out, the automated uninstall process consists of removing all the obvious links to it and the uninstaller reference.

Some of the family are less careful than I about unchecking the box marked: "Please load my machine to the gunwales with Google branded shite" when installing stuff.

If Google are merely not evil, Yahoo must be in line for canonisation.

6. John Lilburne
    WTF?

Who cares?

And what's the point of twitter anyway?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like