back to article Bada smartphone to debut H1 2010

The first smartphone based on Samsung’s Bada OS will arrive during the first half of 2010, the company has confirmed. samsung_bada_smartphone Could this be Samsung's first Bada smartphone? During a formal launch of the OS in London this morning, Samsung said the mystery device will be available in 50 countries at launch. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Code Monkey

Web search

As long as I'm not stuck with Google for web search. I'd want to Bada Bing.

2. The Original Ash
    Troll

Eyyyy!

That's-a Bada name for an operating system, ey?

TODAI'S DE DAI!11

3. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Not another one?

How many platforms are there now for mobile phone applications? On recent phones we have, Windows 6.5, and soon 7, Android 1.5, 1.6, and 2.0, iPhone, Symbian (in various flavours), Maemo, Bada, WebOS, Blackberry, various proprietary widget systems (for SE, Samsung, etc), and good old-fashioned Java. This is insane.

4. Rob 50

They've got *programmable vibration*

.. as a front page OS feature?

The Android guys must be trembling

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Works for me

After Schmidts remarks on privacy, Android guys can be vibrating on max for all I care.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Bada Samsung Smartphone....

Or BadaSS for short?

6. TFk
    Linux

Enlightenment

Hmmm, sounds like this could be the mobile that's going to be using enlightenment (and thus linux).

Looky here:

http://www.enlightenment.org/p.php?p=news/show&l=en&news_id=17

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Gasp!

Woo. Hoo. Extra Hoo.

7. pctechxp

I've been beaten

To the obvious Bada Bing joke so I guess I'll have to say something intelligent.

AC Posted Tuesday 8th December 2009 17:51 GMT makes an excellent point about there being too many phone OSes about

SE does have the right idea in just developing the phone OS around its core function of being a err, phone

8. pctechxp
    Joke

Though I could say

It would probably be Tony Soprano's choice of phone

9. chistery
    Coat

Will they support it?

Having bought the Samsung Galaxy and experiencing Samsungs lack of continued support ("we cannot confirm weather there will be an update for this model") I'll never buy another Samsung, as this seems to be the norm for their products.

Coat - I'm off to get a HTC Bravo when released.

10. Francis Boyle Silver badge
    Grenade

A modest request

Could we have bootnote on all further articles about Bada that the Bada Bing joke is officially old and anyone caught making it will be hunted done and executed in an appropriate Sopranos manner.

11. Tom Cooke

Too many mobile OS's

Seems to me this is exactly parallel to the situation with home PC's in the 1980's - I won't give in to nostalgia and list them, but suffice it to say I was one of the pimply kids who made the Dixons store staff's lives difficult every Saturday morning by going in there and entering random CP/M commands on their display models.

Eventually one or two platforms will emerge as the winners, just like Microsoft and Apple did from the PC wars - oh, what am I saying, Microsoft and Apple already did, it's just that the others haven't realised yet. Dead phone OS walking...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like