back to article Yahoo! Go! Going! Nowhere!

Yahoo is shutting down its Go! service early next year, saying that it's easier to do things in mobile browsers these days. Go! is a Java client, which was supposed to consolidate Yahoo's various services as well as providing a platform on which third-parties could deploy widgets. The problem is that they didn't, and Yahoo has …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Jay Jaffa
    Thumb Down

Go - my hole

What a load of shite. Never worked

2. bigredbus007
    Thumb Down

Go!?

I never use WAP. It's a complete waste of time; slow, slower and dead stop. Mobile phones are supposed to be phones so why can't they just sell a phone that makes calls, receives them and sends short messages? A lot simpler.

3. Bod
    Thumb Down

Meh

Like most Yahoo! stuff. Installed it and just thought "Meh, what does it do for me? Not a lot" and uninstalled it.

Still keep trying to see a reason for their geo location stuff too but really can't find a valid use.

And what are they trying to tell us with the new TV adverts? Hey look at us, we're here? Thought maybe they were relaunching themselves with a fresh new image, but no I go to their homepage and it's still the same messy cluttered garbage plastered with adverts.

The best thing Yahoo! has is Flickr and that was an acquisition.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Gates Horns

where's the choice?

What people want is choice. That means they want cameras, messaging apps, internet, diary, Wi-fi, touch screens and rather silly complicated unusable user interfaces and to cap it all off, stupid names for all this stuff. They want their creativity to be inspired. Personally I would like one that has a built in toilet paper dispenser. App duplication is now their problem and as they are slow off the mark competitors got in first. Haven't you noticed new mobiles look and handle like the Jesusphone?

Yahoo was the daddy of 'em all but lost out as it's hacked to shreds. People got bored with it and left so, now it apes bookface there's no audience for it.. The same thing will happen to bookface etc. After relentless plugging use of the internet (particularly in the UK), folk are now becoming aware that it isn't really what it cracked up to be (i.e cyberbullying/stalking etc). Maybe it's time to sell any shares.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like