back to article Microsoft's Startup Whisperer enters Google Chocolate Factory

Google has snapped up Microsoft's former Startup Whisperer, just two weeks after Redmond dumped him on the street. Until the first week in November, when he was among the roughly 800 employees jettisoned in Microsoft's latest round of layoffs, Don Dodge was the director of business development for Redmond's emerging business …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Nusato
    Badgers

You misspelled "Electric Monk"

From: http://www.technovelgy.com/ct/content.asp?Bnum=1298

The Electric Monk was a labour-saving device, like a dishwasher or a video recorder. Dishwashers washed tedious dishes for you, thus saving you the bother of washing them yourself, video recorders watched tedious television for you, thus saving you the bother of looking at it yourself; Electric Monks believed things for you, thus saving you what was becoming an increasingly onerous task, that of believing all the things the world expected you to believe.

From Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, by Douglas Adams.

Published by Simon Schuster in 1987

2. Lars Silver badge
    Happy

Well well

Long ago I had a boss (a very good boss) who told me he never hires people who have a lot of bad things to say about previous employers.

Perhaps something to think about, especially if you are young.

3. Robert Moore
    Linux

In other words

"He confirmed the new gig this morning with post to his personal blog, proving that his gift for evangelism is easily transferred from company to company"

He is a whore.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Linux

Sad day,

If he hadn't found a job, I guess he could've started evangelizing for Evo, FF and Ubuntu! Oh, what could have been...

5. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

ex-wives and ex-employers

have a lot in common.

if you don't have anything bad to say about an ex-wife or ex-boss, why the fuck are they exes?

so give me a fucking break! BAD MOUTHING former arseholes is not something bad, it's fucking required.

I wouldn't hire a mealy mouthed fucker who only had good things to say about the former arseholes he worked for. All the anal retentive polite little fellows can hang themselves. Have the fucking balls to express your true feelings or kill your sad self.

Microsoft sucks and I've never even worked for those idiots, nor would I.

Google are fucking heroes!

6. ffrankmccaffery

clown

according to this clown your behind the times if your not using an office suite from the year your in. As for comparing the piece of crap from google to microsofts he really is in cloud cuckoo land

7. Alex 32
    Pint

@Lars

Whole-heartidly agree with you!

Never burn your bridges, and never wash the ex's linen in public; no matter how sorely you feel.

It's just the professional way..

It's early, but i'll drink to that sentiment anyway

8. Ian Ferguson
    Happy

"A veteran of countless startups"

"A veteran of countless startups" is a fantastic way to say "all previous ventures failed". I must remember that one :)

9. N2

@Alex 32

Agreed,

Sooner or later, you will get the opportunity to level the score, from a distance...

Barrett rifle anybody?

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Lars

Sounds like your old boss plans to treat his staff like shit from the get-go!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like