back to article Gang sentenced for UK bank trojan

A British court has sentenced four men to prison after they admitted they used sophisticated trojan software to steal almost £600,000 from bank accounts and send it to Eastern Europe. London's Southwark Crown Court on Friday imposed sentences of as much as 4 and a half years on the men. According to IDG News, they used a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

I Don't Believe It!

"Almost £140,000 was later recouped from Royal Bank of Scotland, NatWest's parent company."

I didn't think RBS had that much left - even with all that taxpayer money....

2. frank ly
    WTF?

WTF again !

This is similar to a recent article involving use of computers to get into bank accounts and transfer money as theft.

How can these people be skillful and organised enough to do this, yet not know to use an IP connection that cannot be linked to them personally? Hmmm, maybe it was old-fashioned police work (observation, deduction, informers, etc) and not the e-crime skills of our plod that did it?

3. Dennis
    Joke

Re: I Don't Believe It!

£140,000 that's just a rounding error on Fred the Shred's payoff.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Of course it was the high-tech crime unit and nothing else

The super used a cellphone once. That makes it high-tech, innit?

5. Lockwood
    Pint

Hack the planet!

Is there a news story about a fleet of tankers whos computer systems are compromised running at the moment as well?

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@lockwood

Wasn't that Superman 3?

7. Lockwood

@Fraser

Hackers.

This topic is closed for new posts.