back to article Moribund Mexican litters Street View

It's a sobering fact, but the further Google's Street View tentacles extend from Mountain View, the greater the chance they will eventually touch someone who doesn't enjoy the benefits of free macrobiotic lunch buffets and Segways. Street View went live in Mexico last week, and Google Sightseeing wasted no time in tracking …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Geo
    WTF?

is he dead?

Nice of them to just drive right by a guy lying half naked in the middle of the road?

2. Winkypop Silver badge
    Unhappy

Hit and run?

Did the poor lad get hit by the Google-o-mobile?

3. Craig 12

A new tag needed

We all know what NSFW means... perhaps another one is needed to signify something is depressing and will definitely not cheer you up.

4. This post has been deleted by its author

5. peter garner
    Thumb Down

skidmarks

Is that a rather long skidmark/tyre track next to his foot? If so I can only assume it was a monster truck that rode right over him :-((

6. Tim

Cynics have a point, but...

Maybe, just maybe, this picture and all the others like it might encourage at least one comparatively rich, Western, computer owning, Streetview voyeur to contribute something to a charity of some sort?

Yes, the spymobile drove past, but the taker of the photograph is irrelevant here. What matters is what those of us that view it do.

7. Brent Longborough
    FAIL

The Hard Truth

I'm very sorry to have to say this, but in most of Central and South America, it's an unwise move to stop to investigate someone lying in the middle of the road. Monterrey is *not like* Santa Monica.

I can only hope the streetview operators stopped at the local nick to report it.

8. Matt 13

speechless...

he doesnt look too healthy...

but from the front it appears as though hes gone to sleep after a session with madam palm and her 5 sisters....

9. Mithvetr

@ Brent Longborough

"I'm very sorry to have to say this, but in most of Central and South America, it's an unwise move to stop to investigate someone lying in the middle of the road."

Hmmm. There is that, I guess. I suppose we still have to acknowledge that we don't really have the full story. And I guess there's something in the argument that it helps make us in well-off countries more aware that everything isn't so shiny everywhere else.

That said, it'd still be good if Google would let us know what their spy car operator did in this case.

(By the way, El Reg, I keep finding reason to use your 'meh', 'ambivalent' or 'so-so' icon - or I would, if you had one. Any chance, please? Ta.)

10. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

Whats the point?

Please explain WTF the point of this pointless no-story is!

11. Finko Bastawank
    Big Brother

Ok, I'd had a skinful & decided to sleep it off

.. then the bleedin' google van went past. Good job my nutsack wasn't hanging out !

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@AC 14.13 - point of article.

Is that Street View went live in Mexico. IT news on an IT website.

13. John Dougald McCallum

street view

the image is no longer available. So it looks likley that some one objected,or did Google do the right thing this time?

14. MeRp

no longer available

I think someone at google must be paying attention...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like