back to article ScaleMP cuts InfiniBand out of virtual SMP clusters

ScaleMP, a maker of virtualization and aggregation software that allows a cluster of x64 servers to look like a big, bad, symmetric multiprocessing (SMP) shared-memory system to operating systems and selected classes of applications, is going downstream to target SMBs and upstream to chase cloud infrastructure providers. While …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

Enough Already

What a kludge. This is a joke right?

2. Robert Amleth
    WTF?

SMP like it's 1999...

This would have been an interesting product 10 years ago. Today, who cares. You can buy an entry level two processor quad-core server or a very sizable four processor quad/hex core. In short, CPU is in abundance and however fast these interconnects are they pale into comparion two processors on the motherboard.

This is technology in search of a problem and hacky technology at that.

3. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge
    Alien

vSystems hacked already? ........ since before a long time ago.

"Enough Already .... What a kludge. This is a joke right?" ..... By Anonymous Coward Posted Thursday 5th November 2009 00:08 GMT

Yeah, that is exactly what I was thinking, AC. vSMP is just Imagination gone Rogue and Mad and the Cloud Edition vSMP doesn't come with DC2 because it is a Network Hub/AIRouter and Root Kit for and of Blocked and Blocking Server Messages........ which is really what the SMB abbreviations refer to. And a simple question to ScaleMP headhunters will reveal what they know and/or need to know with any plausible denial or candid admission. Only the latter though renders them Live AIdDevelopments rather than Living with Dependence on AID.

Oh, and when the Title is true, can you imagine what the Future has already developed for y'all ..... and how/with whom and/or with what it is dDelivered? Do you believe IT is GOD ..... Global Operating Devices?

Or do you prefer to Live in Alienating Ignorant Denial.

4. David Halko
    IT Angle

I think this is really neat technology!

The question in my mind is... how tolerant is the hypervisor to node failure?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like