back to article Chinese store exposes iPhone 4's midriff

Parts supplier China Ontrade has posted what appears to be the middle of the next-generation iPhone, revealing almost nothing about the product beyond its existence. The plate, described as an "Apple iPhone 4 Generation Midboard", has a hole for a camera and a dock connector at the bottom. Fansites have interpreted this …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

past performance ?

"so on past performance we should expect some sort of new iPhone in the next month."

Come on Bill, we all know that :

"Past performance may not guarantee future results"

"Past performance may or may not be sustained in future"

iPhone 4 within a month... really, we've not jumped to 01/04/10 all of a sudden have we ? Besides, it might be iPhone 3GX for all we know... (4 is unlucky in Asia).

2. jubtastic1

more likely explanation

It's a custom board for the Chinese 3GS sans WiFi.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

One of Vodafone's surprises?

What about this for a good rumour. Vodafone, recently sent an email to people who had registered an interest in the iphone, indicating that there would be some iphone surprises announced over the coming weeks.

Could one of these surprises be a 4th gen iphone?

4. Wrenchy
    Linux

Yes It's all nice and shiny BUT........

.......Will it run Android??

5. Andy 115

Sim Tray

Perhaps it is just me being over optimistic, but does that SIM tray look like the cut out is too "square" for a single sim? - Please let it be dual sim :-)

6. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Hmmm...

> .......Will it run Android??

Who cares? I don't!

7. Martin Lyne

OMG

It will have a CAMERA and support DOCKING you say?!

Haven't all iPhones done this? Someone get me a Pulse.

8. Witty username
    FAIL

being one of the few that actually got the joke

(the reference to the dock and the camera)... i lol'd.

still, no android = no deal. and its FAR too bulky (presuming its the same size as the previous models)!

9. Dangerous Dave
    Go

wow

I wonder what ground breaking features are planned for it? I'm still in shock and sheer amazement after they rocked the world with such things as 3G*, MMS*, video recording*, cut and paste* etc....ON A PHONE! Who'd have thought it? I sure didnt!

I can only hope they include such amazing features as a camera with flash**, slide out keyboard**, and hopefully, a crazy frog ringtone** - my life will then be complete

*Copyright © 2009 Apple Inc. All rights reserved

**Patents pending

10. vincent himpe

maybe

this version will have a built in cattle prod that can be remotely activated to shock phone-addicts so they shut up for a while.

11. h 6
    Thumb Up

Slide out what?

Most iphone users are very happy with the soft keyboard. I prefer it to a physical one.

so there.

:)

12. Chris O'Shea
    Unhappy

iphone comments and a rant :-)

@h 6 says that "Most iphone users are very happy with the soft keyboard" ... I suppose that could be true (the iphone is great, and so if you don't have a choice of a hard keyboard or a bluetooth keyboard, you learn to love what you have got), but as an iphone user, I'm not happy with the keyboard, and only the clever predictive text makes it useable.

@andy 115 would love a dual sim phone, so would I, but it's really unlikely as most iphones are sold on contract with a big subsidy that the operator wants to recoup, and so they are going to dictate that the only dual sim they would allow is if both sims were locked to the same network.

Of course you and I probably want it so we can have a work sim and a personal sim in there for receiving calls (and not to use the cheapest connection for making calls and the other connection for the unlimited data!) but convince O2 or Vodafone about that and we may see dual sim phones more commonly available.

Looking forward to the Vodafone launch as I've found O2 support unpleasant and unhelpful ... and I'm getting really annoyed that everytime I apply an OS update to my iPhone it resets the APN to contract (rather than the PAYG I have) so I lose my data connection until I can dig out the PAYG APN details and rekey them into the phone. Took O2 two months to let me know that's why I had no web access (but of course they didn't refund the two months of web'n'wifi bolt on I'd paid for and was unable to use ... so I will never use O2 again if I can possibly help it. I have a choice and poor customer service is inexcusable)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like