back to article Esther '1st lady of internet' Dyson appointed NASA advisor

Famed techbiz journo and investor Esther Dyson has been named as chairperson of a new "Technology and Innovation Committee" formed to help advise the senior management of NASA. The space agency has announced a "restructuring" of its Advisory Council, featuring four new committees looking into "key areas of importance to the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. unitron

A legend in her own mind

'I'm dying to get into space but can't afford it'

Well, she can generate enough hot air to replace the first stage booster with a balloon.

2. dean.collins
    Grenade

conflict of interest

I hope this means that Esther has divested herself personally and all of her related companies / investment vehicles of any startups involved in space flight or space r&D development.....otherwise it's just a case of the "Old Boys network" washing each others back with your tax dollars.

Will be interesting to see if this happens.

3. Matthew Saroff
    Paris Hilton

So, a Dot Com Crash Profiteer Has Been Made a NASA Advisor

Oh, this has epic fail written all over it.

4. Yes Me Silver badge
    Paris Hilton

Will the real First Lady stand up?

So, who do we think is the *real* first lady of the Internet? At best, Esther is First Lady 3.0.

Personally, I'd suggest Lixia Zhang, who was at the first meeting of the IETF in January 1986. Any other nominations?

(Paris, because it surely isn't her. Maybe a lady, but not first.)

5. wv9e

What else is new...

Another obvious conflict of interest, but the sheep never care and the herders only have to offer them grass to eat and anything odd is forgotten. Why would a share owner in space hardware even be considered for such a posting is beyond ethical consideration I presume. That's the

US.. our new leftists are staging a coupe'.

6. unitron

Here's an idea...

'I'm dying to get into space but can't afford it'

If we take up a collection, will you promise not to come back?

7. jake Silver badge

The first lady, alas, is no longer with us physically.

But she is still with us where it matters.

Pardon me while I dust my nanosecond.

P.S: Esther, stop riding your pop's coat-tails, and actually DO something, fer gawd/ess's sake!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like