back to article Sony recalls defective power bricks

The US Consumer Product Safety Commission has issued a recall for tens of thousands of power adapters for Sony VAIO desktops. According to the notice, 69,000 faulty VGP-AC19V17 AC adapters were included with Sony's VGC-LT and VGC-JS2 VAIO Desktop series computers, along with VGP-PRBX1 and VGP-PRFE1 docking stations. The …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Crazy Operations Guy
    FAIL

Sony and Electricity

They just don't get along. Maybe Sony should just get out of the power supply market, or pick a better OEM... Its gotten to the pint were I assume that any power device with the Sony logo on it will explode, short circuit, etc. and just buy a 3rd party adapter / battery for my laptops.

2. Juan Inamillion
    Flame

Of course...

.. if this was an Apple product there'd be much wailing and gnashing of teeth about how 'crap' Apple products are and how the sky is going to fall in...

Just my opinion mind.

3. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

@Juan Inamillion

".. if this was an Apple product there'd be much wailing and gnashing of teeth about how 'crap' Apple products are and how the sky is going to fall in...

Just my opinion, mind."

So since it wasn't an Apple product why air your opinion that Apple products are not all they are cracked up to be?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Chinese made power supplies

It seems that every product is engineered to be as cheap as possible, sometimes even leaving out parts that are otherwise necessary. They leave out the EMI filters so that the PS wipes out your radio. They leave out the surge suppressors so that the first spike blows the PS away. Now it they're leaving out the insulation. I shudder to think of what could be next. Better to wear rubber gloves when you use it.

5. Chris Fleming
    Flame

also leave out

They also leave solder out as well. Our $US 3500 NCR POS laser scanners one AC input lead to the PC board was not soldeed on all our PSU,s causing arcing and intermiitent use. Had a QC sticker on them chinese bricks tho.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like