back to article Giant iPhones invade Florida

A trio of Floridians have created a pair of Halloween costumes sure to melt the hearts of even the most jaded Apple fanbois: working, wearable, human-sized iPhones. Unemployed former Apple employee John Savio, actor/DJ Reko Rivera, and carpenter John Matthews mounted a pair of 42-inch LCD TVs in sandwich-board frames and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Steve Evans

Oh dear...

The guy on the right looks like he's just had a warranty voiding 3rd party battery swap performed!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

And the horror aspect is...

...that all the apps installed are fart apps.

3. LaeMi Qian
    Thumb Up

nice

Not my thing (ether Halloween or iPhones), but very nicely done all the same.

4. Hardcastle
    Paris Hilton

These costumes have more wow factor than Faildows Semen, but...

... Dadgum, the potential for leaving a mark is immense with having to wear a suit that weighs six flippin' stone. Even my phat arse is going to struggle carrying that kind of heavy tech around all night. Also, like h311 am I going to be caught dead with a freakin' lead-acid battery dangling so close to the family jewels like that. I can see the headline now: "Giant iPhone blokes in hospital for herniated groins and acid burns on the members". No thank you, methinks I'll pass...

Paris, on the other hand, may enjoy a kit like that for the other things you could clip to that dangling 12 volt battery...

5. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Trick or Treat?

How about just throw them down the fucking stairs?

6. Mr Ian
    Badgers

:O

They just look a little -too- happy.

7. Crazy Operations Guy

Makes sense

They overspent on their phone, so they felt it natural to overspend on their costumes.

8. Joe H.

I have to admit...

I met both of them at the first costume contest they won at Skipper's Smokehouse here in Tampa Florida. $500.00 and tickets to some local event.

My point for commenting here is twofold. You lot should be aware that up close and personal they seemed every bit the geeks that would do such a thing as this.

And really, where would we be today without this sort?

My first guess says agrarian autonomous collective.

9. jake Silver badge

Sad.

Shame they have no life. Truly sad. Poor bastards.

10. This post has been deleted by its author

11. shaunm
    Paris Hilton

does anyone else hear......

the hooves of the four horseman, otherwise known as apple lawyers :). but lets face it they look like the tits that own iphones.

paris well because

12. Dana W
    Flame

@Jake

Oh yes, wasting their time making costumes, winning money and having fun when they could be here on their fat asses typing about how sad the "poor bastards" who actually have lives outside of The Register and Slashdot" are.

And of course, nobody would ever dress as a Win Mobile phone. And if they did, no one would care. Maybe that's why you are being such an ass.

Personally I prefer a lighter costume.

13. Valerion
    FAIL

Very clever and all

But I'm not seeing why it's a halloween costume. My son has a costume - he's a pumpkin. My daughter is to be a witch.

But a mobile phone? Not getting that, sorry.

14. J.Wild
    Unhappy

Golf Sale?

You need to have been in Oxford St, London to know how sad this.

15. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Just wait

I'm looking forward to seeing some supermodel try throwing one of them at her assistant !

16. Dr Patrick J R Harkin

Yes, but...

Can you cut and paste from one screen to the other?

17. Illsay
    Troll

Calling all social anthropologists...

with a keen interest in that special US-UK relationship, study the article but above all the comments!

18. Bassey

Improvement

Hey, at last somebody has upgraded their iPhone to have user-replaceable batteries - albeit feck-off heavy ones dangling between your legs. Still, it's got to be an improvement!

19. eJ2095

One day

They might meet a woman lol

20. Code Monkey

Dom Joly would be proud

HELLOOOO? I'M FLORIDA!

FLORIDA!!!!

NO IT'S RUBBISH!

21. Georgees

Wait....

They're going to make the $2000 back easily?

That means they got 2 42" LCD screens for free... And people are calling them sad? This is genius.

It takes a special kind of mind to think "You know those costume contests they have at bars and clubs? Couldn't we just build a costume so complicated and outrageous that they have no choice but to give us the prize money. We could make a lot of money from that"

22. Thomas 18
    Jobs Horns

Ex Employee?

Awww who could fire a man with such enthusiasm. Jobs if your listening you need to hire this man back even if its only as a janitor or gimp.

23. thomas k.
    Thumb Up

hmm ... 14 stone,eh?

I dunno ... mount the TV on 2, long U-shaped pipes that hung over the shoulders down to the floor, put little wheels on the ends, mount the battery between the back supports below your bum to counter-balance the weight of the screen, it'd probably be easy enought to move about in.

Or am I giving this too much thought?

24. Sarah Bee (Written by Reg staff)

Re: Very clever and all

It's the US - Halloween costumes are just fancy dress there, it doesn't have to be specifically spooky.

25. Mike Bell
    Dead Vulture

Where's the Captain?

Shame on you. Not a single reference to Kevin Warwick.

26. Caff

exploding iphone

So acid batteries?

Iphone costumes that can burn just like the real thing?

27. NightFox
    Gates Halo

Don't be fooled

Halloween costumer my arse. This is just Steve Job's way of discretely judging the market response to the forthcoming Apple Tablet by parading it in public without people realising.

28. nichomach
    Thumb Up

Not an Apple fan, myself...

...but I think those are brilliant, and if they recoup the cost of making them and more, then more power to their arm. And at 6 stone a copy they'll NEED more power...

29. Chris_B

Does it blend ?

Wonder if these would blend as well as the originals ?

30. Anonymous Coward
    Badgers

TeleTubbies

are back!

Nooooooooo.

31. Steve Oliver 2

@dana w

I'm with you on this one!

32. Steve Oliver 2
    Go

@dana w

I'm with you on this one!