back to article Firefox 3.6 trots into first alpha

Mozilla squirted out the first alpha version of Firefox 3.6 late on Friday. The browser maker is also pretty confident that the next iteration of Firefox will rock up quite soon. "Unlike the year that passed between Firefox 3 and Firefox 3.5, we expect that this 3.6 release will be released in a small number of months," said …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. lupine
    Go

Stable

been running the nightly builds for a few weeks and there's not much to report. some addon issues but i've got roumd them.runs smoothly enough.

2. pedrodude
    WTF?

Video

Brilliant intro, then all went wrong. I don't think there's any more to say than that really...

3. Peter Kay

Less shitty javascript handling, please..

I'm getting *very* fed up with unresponsive script errors, browser hangs and so on. OK, so the main affected machine isn't tremendously fast (2GHz P4), but it's more than representative of many corporate computers..

Time to give the alpha a bash, then..

4. Anonymous Coward
    Dead Vulture

Wagner? RUShure?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLuW-GBaJ8k

5. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

new version of NSCA Mosaic?

i'm still on NCSA Mosaic 2.01 - been waiting for the 3.x release of it for years now.

6. sun_god
    Thumb Down

3.5 was buggerific

Maybe they'll even test the next release this time. 3.5 caused me all sort of headache. Not sure what they spent all that time on. That'll teach me to immediately install each release of Firefox until I hear if everyone else slid down the slippery slopes of bleeding edginess.

7. Neil Woolford
    Headmaster

Not Wagner indeed.

"Also sprach Zarathustra" by Richard Strauss.

8. kain preacher

NCSA Mosaic 3.0

ftp://ftp.ncsa.uiuc.edu/Mosaic/Windows/v3.0/

9. James O'Shea
    Headmaster

Wrong Nazi musician

That's not Wagner, that's Strauss. Also Sprach Zarathusa. Most famously deployed as the opening music for Kubrick & Clarke's _2001: A Space Odyssey_.

Wagner only wished he could write something that good.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like