back to article Google boss quits Apple board in wake of Chrome OS

Apple announced today that it has finally severed ties with Google CEO Eric Schmidt, who had been on the firm's board of directors since August 2006. The decision to cut Schmidt loose hardly comes as a surprise. In May Mountain View confirmed reports that the US Federal Trade Commission was probing whether overlapping board …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Dave Edmondston
    Thumb Up

Great news

Now andriod can have the 'missing' touch features restored.

2. Eric Dennis

BLAH

Google talk doesn't work on my Palm Centro. I'm sure as heck not going to pay the Apple Tax for an iPhone that blocks google talk. No thanks. I can be "cool enough" with a different phone.

3. Richard 120

They compete?

You can't get a license to install OS X on different hardware and it's unsupported.

Installing Google Chrome OS on a Mac would also be unsupported and why would you?

How is that competing?

4. Gavin Bloeman
    Jobs Horns

@ Eric Dennis

When will you people get it? Some folk don't buy the iPhone because it's "cool" .... it works and works really well. Simple.

Okay, I don't agree with Apple locking everything down, and that will surely end in their demise. But, for now, they are producing some amazing and highly functional electronics. If it looked like a baked bean tin with a screen I would still use it as it does exactly what I want a portable device to do (it might not fit into my pocket quite the way I would like it to being baked bean tin-shaped, but hey you get the idea).

Devil Jobs because I don't like his company's competition ethos.

5. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Gentleman Spies and IT is All in a Lazy Untalented ZerodDays Work.

So Mr Schmidt was a Google Trojan?

6. Richard 102
    Coat

About time

Once Google started working on phone software and an OS, he should have stepped down immediately. And I say that as a stockholder in both companies.

As anti-business as O'Bama's people are, even the whiff of impropriety will make them nationalize you in a heartbeat.

(Mine's the one with the biography of Clement Atlee in the left pocket.)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like