back to article Pirate Bay gets shirty with Dutch anti-piracy group

The Pirate Bay is counter-suing a member of the Dutch anti-piracy group for defamation. The BitTorrent tracker website confirmed in a blog post yesterday that it plans to file "criminal charges" and bring a defamation lawsuit against Netherlands-based Tim Kuik of Stichting BREIN. TPB alleged that Kuik had made "blatant and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Jaap stoel
    Grenade

Brein, the sad little nerd in the corner

Getting beaten up by the big kids on the internet.

No, I can't bring up any sympathy for the organization. And though I normally do not condonce DDoS attacks. I will make an exception in the case of Brein.

2. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Nederwiet Skunkworks?

A little less time in the coffee shop would appear to be sound counsel for Tim, methinks?

3. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Comments on

RE

Shoot to kill: Karoo relents

Upgrades One Strike to Three

As you have not opened it up for discussion.... (Tsk Tsk)

DUE PROCESS, EVIDENCE, CHECK MEDIA for mistakes in determining guilty parties vs DHCP address vs TimeZones.

Also monopoly by the ISP in that area, against EU rules?

4. A 16
    FAIL

Re: Aimee

<- Nuff said.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

I would post something in support of TPB

But not since the ****s sold out.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Mr Kuk

Swedish humour at work, there.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Linux

ANTI-TPB

Everyone is anti-TPB etc etc.

But. They did not do the *DDOS* ( A load of script kiddies using GET request scripts....)

The disgruntled fans did.

So I can accept what hes trying to do

8. call me scruffy
    FAIL

I'd like to take a moment,

To explain exactly how much I care about the pirate bay right now,

<moment>not al all</moment>

Fucked And Inherently Lame. (Or F.A.I.L.)

9. Anonymous Coward
    Megaphone

@ A16

You obviously failed to grasp the connection re TPB/P2P and the probability of getting penalised due to inadequate care by the ISP to marry the offender to the ip address & time.

There must always be a due process in these cases as there is not 101% fool proof way to determine a downloader to the address and hence the account.

You comment was meaningless less, try again.

10. Field Marshal Von Krakenfart
    FAIL

The sky is falling, it must be TPB's fault

What a hysterical outburst, typical of a copyright mafia sockpuppet, I can see the sequence of events,

1 - Something's wrong with my website

2 - It must be the pirates fault

3 - Find out what actually happened

In addition to making an unsupported claim (accusing them for attacking his website), he also shows his total ignorance of the law by calling them "a bunch of criminals" when the world knows that copyright infringement is an act of breaking civil law, and also makes the claim that TPB terrorist funding to maintain its-self!!!!!!!

He's also posts this little gem which I find hysterically funny...

"My name is Tim Kuik, I’m the coolest man alive! My job is realy cool, me and my maffia buddies take down pirate websites! This is my blog on which I will tell you the cool stuff I do when I’m at work!"

"The coolest man alive" - Hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha, 'realy' and 'maffia', hint cool-man, set the spell checker to English before you post.

"me and my maffia buddies" - Right the copyright mafia HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

"I will tell you the cool stuff I do when I’m at work!" - What an idiot, obviously no sense or understanding of confidentiality, but then Tim's idea of being cool may be to say "would you like fries with that *as well* Sir"

One of the joys of freedom of speech is that we all get a good laugh now and then.

Sorry Tim, FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! FAIL!

PS Tim, thanks for posting teh link to TPB in your blog, now even more people can find it.

11. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Since PirateBay sold out, I've moved to Mininova

Fuck TPB, not only did they sell out but their torrent search function is gash also.

Mininova is much better, even if most of their torrents use TPB trackers... lol

This topic is closed for new posts.