back to article Microhoo! deal! back! on!

Microsoft and Yahoo! are close to finalising a deal on search and display advertising. The deal which just won't die isn't over yet, but senior executives have flown from Redmond to Silicon Valley for final discussions. If the fine print can be settled, a deal could be announced within a week, All Things Digital reports. So …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Pint

That explains it

Today has to be Friday . Lets post any old bollocks and go to the pub . Just sign the damn deal already then we can all go get pissed .

2. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Short Strokes...

Fnarr, fnarr.

Paris, 'cos

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I would say...

that Yahoo! are desperate to do a deal since no one uses Yahoo! anyway.

They are like Yell.com desperate to sell an ad place to businesses because of their name, but they don't generate any interest.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Icahn! To! Hijack! Deal! For! Self!

I hope we don't see a repeat of the last deal, with Icahn acting as a fake 'activist shareholder' while negotiating as though he has a secret deal with Microsoft.

Talking down Yahoo board, while claiming to be acting to obtain the best value for Yahoo shareholders... plus that MS loan presented as income.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Typical

Microsft buy someone who can do the job, 'cause they can't do it themselves.

Same old tune. They just can't change the record, can they?

6. W

pfff

I've recently gone back and given Yahoo another go for searches. It's not up to scratch compared to Google. No one is, for better or worse.

7. deshepherd

The reason for bing

clearly MS are intending to name their new search operation Bingoo!

8. Anonymous Coward
    Gates Horns

Hope they make a decision soon...

...as my Flickr Pro account expires in a couple of months' time. If MS is going to end up Borg-ing Flickr I think I'll be taking my pics elsewhere, and I'd appreciate a bit of warning so I can plan the move.

Ah, if only Yahoo! hadn't bought Flickr...

9. Ian Court
    Stop

@Michelle Knight

> Microsft buy someone who can do the job, 'cause they can't do it themselves.

> Same old tune. They just can't change the record, can they?

Well, surely that makes perfect sense then, does it not?

It's much the same as the way a business will employ a new member of staff with the specific skills to fulfill a particular role.

Or the way a football team will sign a new goalkeeper or centre forward because they are lacking a goalkeeper or centre forward...

10. James O'Brien
    Coffee/keyboard

@deshepherd

You owe me a new keyboard. Right on.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Linux

Oh Goody Goody - Leeches eating Leeches.

They have run out of victims to suck the blood out of so now they are going to start drinking each others blood.

IN Australia people who sign up for Yahoo - do so at the behest of "complete fuckwits" who run the 7 Network in association with Yahoo; Much like the 9 Network who are in bed with the MSN network....... ( joins the dots and groans )

While I don't trust Googles Nazi tracking, their service is generally excellent; and Open Office is pretty damned good, and Ubuntu is getting more and more brilliant. - I'd rather take that over Yahoos regionalised scumbag TV executive stupidity; brainless customer service and Microsofts general dishonesty and STUPID "cash grab" software....

Seems to me they are only doing it to get access to each others markets, that they have bled dry with their bullshit, lies and grafting.

I meanTV in Australia is generally so piss poor - where they so rudely interrupt the Add Show, for a Movie break for ONE whole insufferable minute out of every 10 minutes of the add show; AND all jesting aside; there are so many people who say TV is not even worth watching - and I for one only scan the TV guides and cherry pick - to watch only a few shows per week - the rest of it is simply a waste of MY "life" time.

Now you get "Fuckwitorial" Yahoo7 joining 9-MSN...... along with Yahoo and MS in the internet...

If that is the case; at least I know I don't have to use them - combined or seperately.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Terminator

Bleh..

I'll raise my eyebrow when MS wants to buy teh googles.

13. DavCrav

@callmeshane

Excellent work there. As a comment to an article about Microsoft and Yahoo!, you did really well to work in a rant about Australian TV.

14. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Microsoft or Google

Who do you trust with your search records?

What a horrible choice.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like