back to article iPhone hackers update jailbreak, unlock tools for 3GS

The iPhone Dev Team has formally announced that it has posted versions of its unlocking and jailbreaking tools that work with the iPhone 3GS. The group of handset hackers had been holding off such a release, fearing it would force Apple's coders to clog the hole the jailbreaking utility, redsn0w, uses. However, last week …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

So let me get this strait...

The "dev team" aka hackers, are punching holes left and right into another flawed OS apple is turning out, in a frantic cat and mouse game involving totalitarian corporate nimrods who shake their iron fist and a couple of zit faced, pale skinned, basement jerkoffs...

I fail to see the point...

But I do like how this is bringing to light all the vulnerabilities in apples workmanship... Perhaps as their market share in the PC world increases hackers will realize how technically incompetent all these new apple fan boys are and start attacking the new flavor of OSX which is out...

I will get my pop corn and wait for all the (L)users to go "I switched to mac because they don't get viruses"

2. sleepy

"It's a cat and mouse game" (Steve Jobs)

Don't imagine the cat doesn't love and encourage mice, even as it says "I hate meeces to pieces".

The well developed hacker community performs high quality work, bringing many benefits to Apple at no cost.

3. Player_16

@ AC 17:05

You must eat a lot of pop corn.

I don't like using Windows but I must use it at work and under duress (Autodesk).

4. D@v3

has any body thought...

that Apple include these exploitable 'vulnerabilities' so that those iphoners who want to void their warrenty, and forego any official support, can do so to take the 'usefulness' of their beloved gadets to a slightly higher level.

5. Simon 6
    FAIL

This doesn't really matter...

Because it's impossible to buy one!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like