back to article HSBC online banking goes off the wall

Many HSBC customers are currently struggling to access the company's online banking system. In the past few hours a number of Register readers have complained that they were unable to log on to the service. Some were greeted with the bog standard web error message "We are unable to deal with your request. Please try again …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Chris 67
    IT Angle

Subtle!

Nice little nod to MJ there...

2. Jon 83

Oh nay-sayers

I tried loggin on this moring, logged in fine, clicked on one of my accounts, was botted back to the root page, was very odd.

Had a few minutes of it not working, but it is all fine and dandy after (for me) about 10 mins of no service.

Those people complaining that it was "running like a dog" should STFU.

I check my bank accounts everyday, and this is the first time it has ever had a slight glitch.

Oh nay sayers, stop complaining about a service that is normally rock solid - nothing is up 24/7/365

3. Alexis Vallance

Ok

No problems for me on there at 9pm last night.

4. pctechxp

first direct seems ok

title says it all.

5. pctechxp
    Happy

running like a dog

Is that a whippet or greyhound or old English sheepdog? if its either of the former I'd say its running pretty darn good.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not the first time

This has been happening to me for weeks; sometimes I can get in through an alternate HSBC webpage, but not always.

As above I was using the site and got punted off mid-session.

Unlike above I was still unable to log back in during several attempts during my lunch break.

Of course, being unable to log in and carry out transfers on-line will hold no water with them if the failure means an account goes over-drawn and you incur bank charges ( had this happen SEVERAL times in the last 2 years).

PS There are STILL not enough icons; where is the "Bankers are W@nkers!!" icon??

7. Aristotles slow and dimwitted horse
    Go

First Direct...

Up and running as well as ever.

8. John Bayly
    Thumb Down

@Jon 83

That's a little harsh really. There was a guy in our office trying log on for far longer than 10 minutes. Just because you found that you had 10 minutes of no service, it doesn't mean that everyone else had the same. It's quite possible that you caught the tail end of outage.

For some, it's a business banking service, which you pay for, so I really don't see the issue with complaining when the service that keeps hold of your money can't be accessed. Especially when you're working on something that is on a time constrained basis, and need to verify whether funds have indeed been transferred,

Yes, the service is normally rock solid. So is our BT connection, but when it does go down for 15+ minutes, you can be sure that I will call up to ask what's going on.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Still not working

It's Monday lunchtime and still isn't working for me.

The man on the helpline says "Yes, we know there's a problem, we're in the middle of an upgrade" and advises trying again in an hour. Let's hope he's right, I'd like to pay my employees this month.

10. Mad Jack
    Thumb Down

Borked now

Working partially yesterday, very erratic. Worked fine before 9am this morning, now seems completely broken. You get as far as the password screen then get either booted back to name input or a server unavailable error.

This topic is closed for new posts.