back to article DSGi trims losses amidst plunging economy

DSGi management claimed to have steadied the ship as it unveiled full year figures that showed a reduced pre-tax loss on almost static sales this morning. The electronics giant, which owns the PC World chain, has had a torrid year which has seen it offload unwanted businesses across Europe, undertake a massive overhaul of its …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. bertie bassett
    Stop

Quite Liked New Store - not a complete fail

Went into a local store they'd revamped the other day - much much better layout and actually finally trying to make things 'playable with'. There branding seems to be a bit confused though - PC world was full of tellys and hifis which I thought was dixons territory with currys being for the white goods. Personally I reckon they should ditch one of the brands if not two of them, as the overhead in having different branding must be huge and the cross over between dixons and PC world was vast anyway.

As to the pricing well some of the opening offers weren't too bad e.g. netbooks at around 30-50 more than the best of the web prices. But as usual the cables were a complete rip. £24.95 for the 2m Cat 5 Cable and an unbelievable £34.95 for a 3m USB cable.

Got to love the sales unassistants opening line "what did you come to the store for today" - ok so it's trying to be helpful so she could direct me to product x - but I had to work really hard not to reply with a 'none of your goddam business'

Always good to have a shop where you can go and fiddle with the hardware - to see what you like the size/style off, only for you to leave without inserting credit card and order from your favourite webetailer - although I did by a microwave whilst I was there - does that make me bad?

This topic is closed for new posts.