back to article PayPal UK titsup

PayPal UK is currently down. Although the front page seems to be working, anyone logging in is met with a server error message. Four Register readers tipped us off to the problem, which we suppose is at least a sign of its popularity. The page is currently showing: Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Nice spin

"and anything you might have done that may have caused the error", you naughty boy!

2. Richard Cain 1

Unrelated, but SpamCop is also tits up

All attempts to report Nigerian miscreants, Chinese drug fakers and Russian scammers get the error message:

"Sorry, failed to get reportid from database, will not send."

3. Pandy06269
    Go

OK

PayPal is OK now - 10:52 BST.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

looks like its back

Looks like its back up now:

http://developer.paypal-portal.com/t5/Live-Site-Status/bg-p/mts_updates

"Resolved: This notification is to inform you that the following issue with PayPal website has been resolved as of Jun 24, 2:37 AM PDT (Jun 24, 10:37 AM BST)."

5. Kev K
    FAIL

was okay 12:15 last night

when I got a couple of domains from 123 reg & then hit the lazy button cos I couldnt be arsed to get my card out

6. Your alien overlord - fear me

Had a problem late last night as well

but the transaction seemed to go through but the reply from the sellers website indicated it didn't.

7. gareth123456

Working again

It's working again now as at 11.05am - just logged in and there's a new interface, so it looks like they took it offline while they put that live.

8. OFI
    FAIL

PayPal

I call shenaningans. Worked fine at 7:50am and works fine now :-P

These weren't BT ISP reg users were they? RS has been failing for a few days on BT..

9. JonRB
    Stop

Encourages??

eBay encourages sellers to use PayPal?

I think the word you're looking for here is *forces*

10. Andy Barber
    FAIL

Refuses my card

Paypal refuses to accept my Credit card at all. I have used it to make direct payments though, seen the receipt so I know it works.

I have spoken to a human by phone & they said my account was "blocked". They "un-blocked" my account. It still doesn't work!

BTW nice to see the new icons but why is Gates still there? He's so yesterday!

11. Grease Monkey Silver badge

Typical Paypal if you ask me

Paypal and ebay seem to think doing server maintenance during our daylight hours is fine as long as it's night time at their HQ. Presumably the entire world should work to their timezone.

12. Number6
    Pint

titsup

This appears to be El Reg's word of the day. It's in three separate headlines at time of writing.

13. Ross 12
    Pint

@Number6

Re titsup, I remember the good old days of the first .com bubble, when 90% of stories on the reg were 'suchandsuch.com goes titsup'. Those were the days!

*beer because it's the perfect weather for one

14. Anonymous Coward
    Grenade

How disappointing

I click through from the RSS feed hoping to see that PayPal have gone bankrupt, yet it's just a website outage.

15. Ben Wells
    FAIL

Typical...

that teh outage coincides with one of my rare purchases using PayPal. The merchant gave me an error page saying the transaction failed hence order not processed, I tried again same result. 30 mins later 2 emails from paypal saying my transaction has been processed but of course no order processed by merchant.Grrrr.

16. W
    Thumb Down

"a sign of its popularity"

== evidence of it's ubiquity (which for the most part is due to eBay's snidey setup)

17. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

Hmmm

I wonder if the glitch is reponsible for this email:

Dear Tony Blair,

On , we attempted to transfer from your bank account, ending in . This transfer was returned by your bank on for the reason below:

There was a bank processing error.

As a result, this bank account has been removed from your PayPal account. Please contact your bank for more information or add a new bank account. Please do not contact PayPal because this is entirely an issue between the account holder and their bank.

Yours sincerely,

PayPal

I did get another one :

Dear Tony Blair,

The mandate from your bank account, ending in 1234, was returned by your bank on 24 Jun. 2009 for the reason below:

The bank is disputing the Direct Debit Instruction (DDI).

Yours sincerely,

PayPal

Which considering I do not have any DDIs set up on paypal is a bit odd. I thought they might be phishing emails but now I'm not sure as they both arrived at 10:59

But if lots of people got them who have DDIs set up and they really have blanked out all those bank details there will be a lot of very unhappy people

18. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

In the spirit of today's Reg

can we see the tits that have gone up, please?

19. Jon Robinson
    Welcome

I for one...

... welcome our new...

oh hang on, what was the article about?

oh never mind.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like