back to article Facebook facing regulator crackdown

Facebook is facing a difficult future as it tries to exploit user data to turn a profit - European regulators are considering sweeping reform of data regulations to prevent social networks from over-exploiting the private data of their users. Changes would extend data protection rules to third party application developers …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. PPPie
    Flame

MoronBook

Really, does anyone really care anything about MoronBook anymore? So very 08 and totally for losers.

2. Richard 81

@PPPie

Maybe, but is that reason to let Mr "I'm the CEO bitch!" do whatever the hell he likes with people's data. Most of them don't realise they're handing over their info every time they use those quizzes, send imaginary crap to your friends, become a fan etc. rubbish.

Protect and educate the ignorant, they are the majority after all.

3. Scott Evil
    Paris Hilton

who cares

Nope i dont care either PPPie

Facial Book can go fek itself.

Paris likes facial

4. Pops-i-cle
    Go

Still popular...

Well Facebook is still very popular, so very 08?!

Anyway, I think we will see more and more sites either working directly with these social networks or forming their own (such as locassa.com), however I think the value to these sites is in the targetted delivery of information rather than a simple 'What ya doin'?' type usage.

5. Mike 61
    Coat

why dont they

just put up a "how we use your data" page that says we give it to anyone, anytime, for any or no reason at all, and you should consider any data you enter into this system to be public. That would solve a lot of problems, and I doubt if it would hurt their questionable business model at all. How many people *actually* read these things anyway.

It's also probably legal, being informed consent and all.

mines the one with IANL across the back, and your e-mail in the pockets.

6. ffrankmccaffery

posters above

PPPie and Scott Evil: how old are the pair of you?

about time someone had a look at this companies practices

7. AchimR
    Stop

Anti-harvesting

Ah, the governments just want to prevent other companies from harvesting more information than they do themselves.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like