back to article Steve Jobs could return for iPhone speech next week

Apple's CEO, Steve Jobs, could return from sick leave next week, in order to present the new iPhone at its developer conference in San Francisco. Jobs took medical leave in January saying his health issues were more complex than originally thought. He said a hormonal imbalance was causing him to lose weight and he had already …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Colin MacLean

Utter bobbins!

The WWDC keynote has NEVER been used to introduce new consumer-level hardware. It will instead concentrate on Snow Leopard and iPhone OS 3.

I'm guessing there will be a "media event" later in the month for any iPhone hardware announcements.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Is Schmidt still on the Apple board?

I think they have Schmidt of Google on their board, which strikes me as nuts given Google have launched Android.

3. Dan
    Jobs Halo

@Colin MacLean

"The WWDC keynote has NEVER been used to introduce new consumer-level hardware"

Erm, wasn't iPhone3G officially unveiled/announced at WWDC '08?

4. Jamie Hylton
    Thumb Up

He'll be "live" at the WWDC...

I can picture it already...

Schiller - "And I'd like to announce the new iPhone 3G Video!"

Crowd cheer.

Schiller - "Its simple to use, just go to your contact list, select who you want to call, and click Video, I wonder who we have in this contact list?"

Crowd start to murmur.

Schiller - "Lets try this number."

Big screen behind Schiller comes up with the screen of the iPhone and the "Calling" screen...

Call is answered and there is that moment where nothing seems to happen...

Schiller - "Hello? This is Phillip, whom am I speaking to?"

Picture appears and...

Steve Jobs - "Hi Phillip, Steve Jobs here..."

And the crowd go wild, whoop, whoop, whoop....

5. Jim Coleman
    Jobs Horns

In the immortal words of Windsor Davies...

Oh dear. How sad. Never mind.

6. Steven
    Joke

Rumour Central

If Jobs was ever in a jokey mood, he'd hire someone to drive his car up to Redmond just for a laugh.....

7. Monty Cantsin

@ Anonymous Coward

it's been previously reported that Schmidt leaves the boardroom when iPhone topics come up. Apple and Google both seem OK with that setup.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

@Jamie Hylton

Jamie - you could at least given your comment the title "Contains Spoilers". Now it won't be worth watcing.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like