back to article Jailed Phil Spector wigs out on Twitter

Legendary record producer and paragon of sanity Phil Spector is apparently Twittering from his prison cell, having been permitted to keep a laptop, but not his wig. The Telegraph excitedly burbles that the 69-year-old has been kvetching like a good 'un about his new life, earned by fatally shooting the actress Lana Clarkson in …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. TeeCee Gold badge
    Dead Vulture

What?

No Photoshop gallery of possible "wigless Spector" renditions?

Standards are slipping.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

This is compulsive reading

I don't know if this is Spector or not but it's just wonderful. Whoever it is is either a madman or a genius or both. If it's the latter then it is Spector.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Separated at birth...

Dear editor,

I wonder if any of your readers have noticed the astonishing resemblence between recently-jailed record producer Phil Spector, and notorious cartoon villain Robert "Sideshow Bob" Terwilliger? Could they by any chance be related?

record producer: http://havanta.files.wordpress.com/2006/11/side-show-bob.jpg

cartoon villain: http://philspector.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/phil-wig.jpg

yours,

ENA B. PEPPERPOT.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Could this not be a fake account?

Well?

5. Mark
    Alert

It may not be from web

All twitter posts are now "from web". No clients are being shown. So he may well be using a mobile phone, laptop or anything else that talks to Twitter. But you cannot now find out.

6. Jeremy
    Stop

iPod and Laptop with WiFi access?

There was me thinking he was meant to be being punished for killing someone.

7. Martin Lyne

Is it

Is it meant to be ironic? He's sat on a bed typing. He could just as easily sit 1 foot to the left and type sat down on the toilet.

Maybe the lack of wig has unbalanced his head (in the physical sense)

Siting on loos with laptops and a tendency to wobble to and fro is dangerous.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Antonio Gramsci, come back.

In my ignorance of California jail procedure I think it unlikely that inmates have twittering facilities. I bet somebody is pulling the Telegraph's leg.

9. Ash
    Joke

"Need a crap"

I've seen this somewhere before...

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2008/4/23/

10. Citizen Kaned

oh come on....

we all know prison pets are called 'Mr Bo Jangles' and are trained mice. come on El Reg!

on a side note... when i was in clinky i wish we were allowed laptops and bloody iPODS.

11. Sarah Bee (Written by Reg staff)

Re: Antonio Gramsci, come back.

Telegraph said:

America's Federal Bureau of Prisons announced earlier this year that its estimated 2,450,000 inmates will all have access to email by 2011.

So I think quite a few have access to the net already.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Young lady

You are not permitted to moderate twitter,

Step away from the red pen

take a deep breath, have a cup of tea and walk it off.

that is all

13. Sarah Bee (Written by Reg staff)

Re: Young lady

Dude doesn't need moderating. He writes proper and hasn't aggravated me. Also, nowhere has he used the abbreviation 'M$', or suggested he would get his coat or do something to Paris Hilton.

Actually I shudder to think what he would do to Paris Hilton.

14. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

FBS

Ms. Bee,

1. The Los Angeles County Jail is run by Los Angeles County, not by the Federal Bureau of Prisons.

2. In any case, FBS gives its number of inmates at about 204 thousand.

2. And given the interesting things that have happened when prison inmates have had insufficiently supervised access to computers, I am not surprised that the proposed model for email communications for the folks at Club Fed does not involve laptops in the cell: http://www.bop.gov/inmate_programs/trulincs_faq.jsp

15. Chris Matchett
    Coat

I only put M$ because..

... you might mistake MS for multiple sclerosis

16. Stevie

Egad!

The Phil Spector Wall of Tweet.

Civilisation is now officially done to death.

17. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@ Jeremy

presumably Mr Spector believes he is not being sufficiently punished, hence his desire to hear what Ms Ono has to say

18. Richard
    Paris Hilton

@Sarah Bee

Shudder to Think was a band in the DC/Baltimore area years ago. One of the best band names I can recall.

And yes, here in the United States of Mewling Petulance, we simply canNOT infringe on the privileges of people just because they have taken the lives of innocents. As it stands, the only amendment to the Bill of Rights that still stands is the fourth (we're not required to house members of the military), and that's only because we spend all our money paying for housing for people who don't work (folks on the dole, teachers, civil servants, etc)

Paris, because she would shudder if she ever thought.

19. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

FBS

For FBS read BOP, which seem to be Club Fed's preferred acronym....

20. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

FBP

To be fair to Ms Bee, her original post is wholly and completely accurate. Going to the Torygraph website the story in question at: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/celebritynews/5427201/Phil-Spector-complains-about-prison-confiscating-his-wig-on-Twitter.html

Says, "America's Federal Bureau of Prisons announced earlier this year that its estimated 2,450,000 inmates will all have access to email by 2011."

The fact that the FBP own website at: http://www.bop.gov/locations/weekly_report.jsp

Says, "Total Federal Inmates: 205,461".

Since the total number of inmates in US jails (federal, state, local) is 2,450,000; I can't help thinking that the number referred to in the Torygraph article must actually be total US prison population.

Thanks Anonymous Coward at 1519, but I recommend you collect your coat on the way out.

21. John Smith

ps

well who can say if he is the real one or not !

But ignoring that minor point he's extremely funny whoever it is.......

another 2 minor quotes from him

I always confuse people when I write letters. I sign off with my initials and people seem to think they have missed something.

and

Downer 1: Jailed for 19 years, Downer 2: They confiscate my wig, Downer 3: I have a boil on my ass and it hurts when I sit down. Just great.

22. The Dorset Rambler
    Alert

@Ms Bee

You really, REALLY hate those coat "jokes" doncha?

23. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It's a fake!

Whomever is operating the account owned up to being a fake! Damn.

24. Sarah Bee (Written by Reg staff)

Re: It's a fake!

Sho nuff.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/06/03/unchained_fakery/

25. This post has been deleted by its author

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like