back to article Jacqui whacks shock jock crock

The Home Office will robustly defend itself against any legal action brought by US shock jock Michael Savage, real name Michael Weiner. But it has yet to receive any mail from Savage's lawyers. A spokeswoman for the Home Office said: "As the Home Secretary has already said, he was excluded for engaging in unacceptable …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Lionel Baden

HA HA HA

what a twollop

i kinda hope the goverment just ignores him now !

would be best course of action

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

well....

"after being outrageously named on this list of terrorists and killers".

I wouldn't say being named Savage was outrageous, but then I am broadminded.

Mine's the one hanging outrageously on the left.

3. Citizen Kaned

lmao - weiner!

no wonder he uses the pseudonym Savage. i think he sounds more like a sausage though!

4. Dave

Jurisdiction?

I trust he'll have the sense to sue in the UK rather than the US? Or if he doesn't, that the US judge will dismiss his case. Although, think of the US witnesses that Wacky Jacqui would be able to call to testify as to his character...

She's called his bluff, let's hope he doesn't waste any more of his (or our) money on it.

5. Craig
    Coat

*chuckles*

Am I the only one who had a minor fit of the giggles when reading " real name Michael Weiner"?

I'll get my coat, this sort of discussion should be left to people who can keep a straight face.

6. Flugal

C*nts, the pair of them.

One twat suing another.

If they manage to cancel each other out will they both disappear?

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

She doesn't speak for Britain

And so judges would not side with her. Seriously what an intolerant bitch she is that she can't tolerate dissenting view. People like that have no business in position of power.

She should be free to spout her claptrap, but which idiot put her in a position where she could act on it uncontrolled. It's nutty that one dysfunctional woman decides who can enter the UK.

He has his radio show and website. His presence in or out of the country doesn't affect those mediums in which he can talk, it's just that she happens to control entry to Britain, so its what she can misuse and so she banned his physical presence, without being able to ban what he says.

8. Rocket
    Go

Spin on this.

"Coming to the UK is a privilege that we refuse to extend to those who abuse our standards and values to undermine our way of life.”

I think someone should have a word with the ASA about this blatant spin.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Ah, the irony..

.. this happened just before the expense scandal. Now, Mr Shock Jock, I know what you're going to talk about. And you could use that in your legal argument.

I consider the whole shock jock concept a perfect excuse for tossers to go live, but I'm not terribly in favour of the New Labour government either (let's call that an understatement, which is an understatement in itself), so it's a hard choice.

For entertainment value I'd prefer the shock jock. The other lot is just plain annoying.

10. Mat

Can't the yanks

extradite Wacky Jaqui?

No.. Please Please Please extradite her so we can be rid of this daft witch!

11. amanfromMars Silver badge
    Alien

A Them and Us System makes a Mockery of Media Fools and Mad Stars of Buffoons.

"A spokeswoman for the Home Office said: "As the Home Secretary has already said, he was excluded for engaging in unacceptable behaviour by making comments that might provoke others to serious criminal acts and foster hatred that might lead to inter-community violence."

Oh, ok, that would be fair and reasonable. What then would one like to do about the following blatant provocation .... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8076611.stm

I wonder if the Priory has room for one more, for the following is delusional ..."He told BBC Radio 4's Today he was not "arrogant" or "unwilling to listen" but would "stay on to do the job" before calling a general election.

"I'm the best person to clean up the political system," he added.

Mr Brown said: "I think the cleaning up of the political system is best done by someone who has got a clear idea of what needs to be done - and I have."

Quite why it is accepted and IT tolerated is one of the Great Mysteries of the Artificial Brainwashed World of Real Dumb Humanoids.

Enough is enough is enough already, surely? How about we Play A.N.Other Game with much Better Beta Players?

12. Winkypop Silver badge
    Thumb Up

Michael Weiner

[laughs down sleeve]

Fantastic name that!

[guffaw]

13. Richard
    Paris Hilton

Of course

If we didn't have such spectacularly over-reaching libel laws over here he wouldn't be able to sue.

Paris, as she's less promiscuous than the English courts when it comes to defamation.

14. Tom
    Thumb Up

Good

I don't care what his views are, but she needs a good suing for some of the rubbish she comes out with!

15. Dick
    Paris Hilton

@Richard

"If we didn't have such spectacularly over-reaching libel laws over here he wouldn't be able to sue."

I think you mean:

"If we didn't have such a spectacularly over-reaching Home Secretary over here nobody in the UK would even have heard of this a-hole and he wouldn't have this great opportunity for self promotion"

Paris 'cause she's knows how to make something out of nothing too.

16. David S

What Mat said.

Oh, that would be too delicious...

</oddlycamp>

17. Dave Ross
    Stop

Am I?

Am I the only one hoping that both sides in this disspear?

18. raving angry loony

more targets

I'm surprised, however, that Limbaugh and O'Reilly (Bill, not Tim) aren't on that list. They're much more hateful and vile than Savage ever hopes to be.

19. James Pickett

Abuse

"those who abuse our standards and values"

Calling Ms Pot - kettle on line 2...

20. Mike Lovell
    Flame

"Coming to the UK is a privilege"

Is it bollocks

21. Richard
    Flame

Wow

"he was excluded for engaging in unacceptable behaviour by making comments that might provoke others to serious criminal acts and foster hatred that might lead to inter-community violence."

Talk about open-ended. Given the crime statistic studies I've seen, wouldn't voting for expanding more social programs be tantamount to the same thing? Or if fostering hatred through words is a crime, shouldn't all politicians of all stripes be thrown in jail?

22. RW
    Boffin

Jacqui's mistake

If the Home Office had merely published a list of names "Under the authority given to the Home Secretary by the Doofus and George Act 2008, Sec. 413(a)(iii)(alpha), the following individuals are prohibited from entering the United Kingdom:" all would have been well. Sovereign nations have every right to say who's allowed in and who isn't.

But, no, dear Jacqui had to state a reason and *that* is challengeable.

It's somewhat like disinheriting someone in your will. Many lawyers (not all) are of the opinion that it's better not to give a reason for disinheriting someone because then there's no basis for a challenge. "To my daughter, Felitzia, I leave nothing."

(Of course, if the person being disinherited has a statutory right to part of the estate, you're on entirely different territory.)

23. Nebulo
    Happy

Alas

that both sides are very unlikely to disappear, notwithstanding that most of the country would love to see it.

But there is a certain fascination in watching two thoroughly vile specimens circling round each other and hissing. We'll have to content ourselves with applauding each hit and praying for maximum damage all round.

A nice sideshow to watch while Western civilisation falls apart.

24. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

@Dick

Right on the money. Now he's going to be milking it, and probably won't go away for a good while.

Just goes to show that two wrongs don't make a right...

25. Andus McCoatover
    Coat

Titter...

Sue UK Gov? Michael Weiner? (F'narr F'narr). He won't get a sausage. Not even a small one...snick, snick.

Gone already. Keyboard bill in the post.

26. John Smith Gold badge
    Happy

Spelling correction needed?

should that not be Whiner, not weiner?

27. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Michael Weiner

I know his brother, Richard.

Snigger!

28. Manas Straw

AMFM is slipping

I could understand almost the whole of his post.

Or maybe I need to adjust my dosage.

29. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Dear Ms Wacky

Might I direct your attention to the Streisand Effect (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect). You've just given this guy an all-mighty shitstorm of publicity and media attention. Yes, we know he's a bigot and an arsehole but the basic premise of free speech is that in order to have any meaning at all it must be an absolute and inviolate right of every individual whether you like their opinions or not.

And so Ms Wacky I conclude with a big Fuck You, you are the cancer that is killing /b/ritain. Please do us a favour commit a serious act of an heroism.

Paris, cos she knows all about undue media attention.

30. Peter Mc Aulay
    Happy

Heh

In certain jurisdictions threatening to sue and not actually doing so within a given period is in itself illegal since it's a form of harassment. Foot, meet bullet.

31. Francis Offord
    Go

Query

Does this make him a little sewer?

32. kain preacher

I'm sorry

This is still a story ? Us yanks have given up on this you want to ban him go for it. Hell lots of people in the states want to ban him. THis side of the pond no one really cares . PS savage now hates limbah.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like