back to article Cloud power harnessed to dump unwanted Mac apps

One of the many cool things about the Mac is the attention to detail that's been put into the user interface. For example, when you drag something out of the Dock, or customize a toolbar by removing an item from it, you'll see a little explosive "poof" animation, accompanied by an appropriately destructive sound. Well, here's …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Warhelmet

Gay Bar! Gay Bar! Gay Bar!

"poofing code" - teh interwebs luv u.

2. Kev K
    Jobs Horns

Great

Next week - some other crap how do something equally shyte with a shyte OS

Thanks - for nowt

I shall now return to scanning the site that may have some relevance to my life in the world of IT

3. Player_16
    Dead Vulture

@ Kev K

You read the whole thing. You have NO LIFE!

4. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

poof

Damn and here I was looking for the root kit tool box

5. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

Um

for some reason the term small things please small minds spring to mind

6. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

One of the many cool things about the Mac

Warning! Advertorial!

7. Blain Hamon
    Paris Hilton

For shame!

Showing the poofing code, but not mentioning that the images and sound are part of the last vestiges of Newton?

Paris, because she knows to Eat Up Martha.

8. Daniel Pimley
    Linux

Re: Um

"for some reason the term small things please small minds spring to mind"

It seems you don't appreciate the value of discreet UI feedback to users.

Are you by chance a Linux programmer?

9. James
    Thumb Up

Interesting

Just a pity that the above commenter's don't realise that not every article is written for them. It's like the sports section of the paper, I bet that they don't like that either.

10. Pheet
    Coat

So it's correct...

... what they say about Mac owners -

all a load of poofs*.

* Not meant to be in anyway homophobic, I'm just making a lame play on words and peoples' predjudices.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

re: Are you by chance a Linux programmer?

No - just a programmer who has had to sort out one too many applications where the coders seem to have spent more time producing flashy graphics, which may look "cool" for a few times (when/if they work but look boring after the 20th time) than providing useful a UI to tell the user what they really need about their current task etc.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Alien

@James re: Interesting

Sorry I can't really see this article being of interest to anyone other than programmers! and yes I am a programmer.

I am not sure TheRegister is the right place to publish such coding "blogs" (for want of a better description) - though it gives us chance to moan - so perhaps it is the right place after all :-p

13. Dave Jewell

Intelligent Readership?

Yeah - Thanks to Daniel and James for the encouraging comments. As for the earlier posters, they can get back to doing what everyone does whose IQ is less than their shoe size: watching the new series of "Big Brother".....

Dave ;-)

14. DZ-Jay

Mac programming tips are for Mac programmers

To all those complaining about the article: May I suggest you skip anything from the "Developer" section; and perhaps more discriminately, anything from such section with the term "Mac" in the title.

I'm sure the nuances of the Mac OSX AppKit API and its undocumented features are of no interest to Windows programmers, but it may be interesting to OSX programmers (or those of us who dabble in Objective-C).

-dZ.

15. Dave Jewell

RE: Interesting

You said, "Sorry, I can't really see this article being of interest to anyone other than programmers!...."

Absolutely right! Folks need to realize that www.theregister.co.uk is shared with www.regdeveloper.co.uk and casual Register readers can also see the technical articles. Point your web browser at www.regdeveloper.co.uk, and you'll see this article in the developer section. Suddenly, it all begins to make sense..... ;-)

Dave

16. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

custom cursors wooo

been there done that got the cursor !

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like