back to article BOFH: Snout, meet trough

"How can you be broke?" I ask the PFY as I carry our lunch back to the table in several pint glasses. "I dunno." "But you were only paid yesterday!" "Yes, but I had expenses!" the PFY sniffs. "What could you possibly blow a month's cash on in a day?" "A Home Theatre PC ensemble," the PFY responds defensively. "Ah. OK, I …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Tony Barnes
    Thumb Up

About time -

- and a corker to boot!

2. Manas Straw
    Thumb Up

One for the excuse book

Sympathetic Access Recombinant Software.

Has a nice ring to it.

3. The Librarian
    Happy

Ook!

Oooook!

4. Nathanael Bastone
    Thumb Up

@Tony Barnes

you said it! I would like to know from Simon why we have only had 7 BOFHs in 5 months, would be nice to see one every other week at least.... *hint hint*.... not that I want to press his writing talents too hard..

5. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Sars...

Ahh, BOFH, you have made my day.

It's all the better for the wait but more often would be good too.

Paris, I can wait....

6. Paul Segrue
    Happy

@Ook!

I agree wholeheartedly

7. TrixyB
    Go

YAY!

Top class BOFH again! And no gold cookie required! :) Cheers Simon once again!

8. Anonymously Deflowered
    Thumb Up

You don't think...

"And if our friends in the pharmaceuticals industry have taught us anything it's that you can ride out a recession on a tidal wave of fear. Fear, and a few strategically placed incidents."

... no... swine flu... recession... REALLY!?

Genius.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Speculation?

Good expisode.

Still though, the only excuse for the lack of BOFH is that he has found a hottie :)

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@7 BOFHs in 5 months?

We get a BOFH every week, plus the occasional double BOFH Friday?

Or are the weekly episodes only for platinum access members?

11. Edward Miles
    Happy

A fine, proper BOFH

Good old fashioned no-nonsense scam. No need to kill the boss, just empty his bank account :D

12. Lottie

Sublime.

I really enjoyed this one.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

That's more like it .

after all the politico social stuff. Real technical stuff.

14. Roger Greenwood

What about

Implementing an Active Infection Destruction Strategy to get rid of the SARS?

What could go wrong . . .

15. Phil Standen
    Thumb Up

@AC 12:31

Well played sir.

I respond with the Perrin Advance to Chalk Farm.

16. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

You're holding back

We know you scored some good blackmail material from those phones! Text message logs, call logs, photos; it should be fertile ground.

17. AJF355
    Flame

platinum access

I'm annoyed that there isn't much BOFH coming out recently, I mean seriously there used to be one per week or at least every couple now you're lucky if there is one every 2 months it seems!!!!

How do i get the platinum access???

I want more BOFH and I am willing to pay for it!

18. Jesthar
    Thumb Up

Nice trip down memory lane...

...back to another classic BOFH element, a nice bit of larceny! And to think I nearly didn't swing by to check - made my Friday afternoon to se a new eposide finally land - welcome back, Simon! :)

19. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

I miss

The fall down the stairwell and the well placed kerrrrrzzzzaaap!

20. Pierre
    Happy

Absofucklutely brilliantly

Also, I know one of those people: still convinced that there is a "swine flu" pandemic and that it's a serious disease (he made the parallel with leper and plague). Also, when casually speaking about a friend of his' old Apple machine, I asked if it was PowerPC-based. He answered "No, it's not a PC, I told you it's a Mac". I tried to explain to him but he would not have any of it, answering "no, it's a mac" each time I mentionned PowerPC. I finally gave up after 3 of these answers. Ha, lusers...

21. Douglas Norton
    Paris Hilton

1.4 BOFH/month ratio

Isn't it obvious, Simon's weak BOFH output is down to him spending far to much time watching the bouncing tennis girl, and the prospect of fresh beaver in Scotland.

(Paris because her jubs don't bounce)

22. Herby

BOFH found a Hottie??

Why there might just be a BOFHess, then junior BOFH's that happen later in the life cycle. Always fun!

23. Jon Robinson

should I be worried?

I have a mexican cousin, several credit cards with electronic chips, an oyster, and a few portables that frequently interact with both my home and work pc?

mines the one with a USB tamiflu in the pocket

24. Ebenezer Cooke
    Coat

Genius

Sympathetic Access Recombinant Software, using Bluetooth as point of entry into a network: I'm speechless with admiration.

This story has brought the BOFH series to a level of sophistication way beyond the reach of the average nagging BOFH fan. It is entertaining to the regular Reg readers, but also a special treat for the multiscientific connoiseur - a stoke of genius if there ever was one. Congratulations. This episode alone IMO is sufficient for a permanent place in The Cyber Hall of Fame.

Mine's the one with the Nobel Prize for literature in the pocket. I'll be waiting outside to give it to Simon next time he comes around.

This topic is closed for new posts.