back to article Google punts self cut-and-paste

Google has launched an online service designed to facilitate the addition of various Google stuff onto your webpages, including Google Maps maps, Google News feeds, and YouTube videos. Introduced this morning at the company's Google I/O developer conference in downtown San Francisco, the new online service - dubbed Google Web …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. James
    Black Helicopters

Interesting

But I will try to avoid using the Google elements on my website. There is almost no popular website (English language anyway) that one can go to now a days (The Register included!) and not load elements from google (eg. Analytics.) and I don't like that.

Call it paranoia, but no one entity should be allowed to know everything, even if it is convenient!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

All well and good

However I can see this kind of thing being abused in the way midi files, animated graphics, scrolling text, etc etc were abused on Geocities sites. That is a day and age I do not with to return to.

Oh and by the way you all can have the various *idol shows. Please please take that crap and keep it. Really we wont mind at all. While you're at it can you take that twit Simon back. If you do we promise to keep Paris over here and force the Canadians to apologize for Bryan Adams and Celine Dion.

3. WhatWasThat?
    Joke

@Iam Me - What is old is new again

"However I can see this kind of thing being abused in the way midi files, animated graphics, scrolling text, etc etc were abused on Geocities sites. That is a day and age I do not with to return to."

In the same way mp3's, animated gif's, scrolling text, etc are being abused on *Space and *Book sites?

"Think of the pixels and their little bits! Stop the madness!" :)

4. Christopher Ahrens

RE: All well and good

"etc were abused on Geocities sites" you mean social networking sites right? Its always nice to see nothing has changed... Except now there Google 'custom searches' rather than the stupid counters that evryone had....

And apparently Google doesn't see a problem with Cross-site scripting....

5. Dave Morris
    Thumb Up

RE: All well and good

It's a deal. How do we get this treaty ratified by our respective governments?

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

lol

@WhatWasThat? I wouldn't know not having any of the spaceybookytweeterie things. It makes my brain hurt just thinking about it. :-).

@Dave Morris. If you mean a treaty to ratify the elimination of these kinds of audio/visual assaults on our senses and web surfing experiences, then screw government ratification lets fire up a good old fashioned coup and get it done while were all still relatively young.

@Chirstopher. Yeah and it sucks mightily. I think I'll be staying as far away from Googles offerings to "improve" my web sites thank you very much.

7. Steve Evans

@Dave Morris

Hell, they can have our Government too!

Anyone got a box (air holes optional) for president Broon?

8. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

@Dave Morris

Now, now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on several occasions!

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@ James

I have Google analytics blocked here. Pages can try and load it, but they're going to get sweet, sweet nothing

10. Elmer Phud

@Iam Me

"force the Canadians to apologize for Bryan Adams and Celine Dion."

Too late, the damage has been done, I remain seriously traumatised by Celine Dion.

You could hand Alaska back and rid yourselves of that Palin woman.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like