back to article Samsung unveils first Android handset

Samsung has finally taken the wraps off its first Google Android-based handset, with an official launch of its I7500 phone. Samsung_I7500 The I7500: Samsung's first Android handset The device has been unmasked by O2’s German arm, which said it has the I7500 exclusively. It’s unlikely the operator will restrict sales solely …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

At last - a decent Andriod handset

If this is the case and timing is right HTC/Vodafone may have missed the boat iwth the Magic. This Samsung handset has decent storage, 5mp camera with flash and the all important 3.5mm audio jack...plus it looks a decent phone too.

2. TLA
    Thumb Up

Aha!

Given that the device pictured has no keyboard, can we assume it will have the magical 1.5 "cupcake" version?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Can it be used a development phone?

I want to learn Android stuff, can it be used as a development phone?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"O2's German arm"?

"O2's German arm"?

Would that be the one that is straight, points forwards and slightly upwards and with a flattened hand on the end?

Anonymous, because I know it's pathetic and we really do need to move on...

5. Danny

now then.

"and is equipped with 8GB of internal storage. "

This depends on how it works though. Most large capacity samsung phones have a systems memory too (of about 200Mb) and an "internal" memory. I would like to see that before purchasing (as the crippled part of android is the inability to save applications outside of the system memory)

6. André Marques
    Thumb Down

Er... Average screen?

■3.2-inch HVGA capacitive OLED touchscreen display

Read that spec carefuly... And no, the big O right next to LED is not a typo. Average resolution notwithstanding, it should have a gorgeous screen with very bright colours.

7. Tom Chiverton

Nothing new here

Looks like it's just the existing G1 with the previously announced v1.5 Android... nice to see other manufacturers using it though, even if they've not innervated on top of it *at all*.

8. Will
    Happy

At bloody last...

Finally some more Android handsets coming, will get HTC to up their game

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Nice looking phone

Ooooh, shi-i-i-ny.

10. Jerome

Features

"However, you’ll also be able to record videos... and listen to several audio formats"

Implying that these features are somehow out of the ordinary for any handset produced in the last few years?

11. M
    Heart

Looks nice

I am up for a phone soon, this could be the one...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like