back to article Realtors charged with Glengarry Glen Ross-style rival hack

Three real estate agents in North Carolina face charges over allegations they hacked into the webmail account of a rival. The Hotmail account of Nicole Hayden of Exit Realty was allegedly snooped upon by three agents who worked for RE/MAX Tri City Realty of Rockingham, North Carolina, between 1 March and 20 March. The …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

You call yourself a salesman?

A. B. C. A - Always. B - Be. C - Cracking.

2. Luis Ogando
    Alert

Shock!

What?! Corruption and criminal activity in the American real estate business arena??

Shocking!

</sarcasm>

3. Edward Miles
    Thumb Down

Hotmail...

You're doing it wrong!

4. Damn Yank
    Thumb Up

A title is required.

Second prize is a set of steak knives... Third prize is you're fired...

5. Bassey

Hmmm

Although I certainly don't condone hacking I do feel slightly bad for the three. To end up actually being arrested for that seems a bit harsh. I mean, they probably knew her maiden name and the name of her dog and used that to reset her password. It's not hacking. They didn't steal anything. They just looked at her email which she, being a stupid cow, kept in a hotmail account.

Come on?

6. Codge
    Black Helicopters

One rule for them, another for us?

> The three property-floggers were released on bail after being charged with misdemeanor hacking charges, local paper The Richmond County Daily Journal reports.

And yet the guy who "Hacked" Sarah Palin's Yahoo account is being hung out to dry for what amounts to the same thing!

Double standards methinks!

Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose......

7. Joe User
    Alert

@Bassey - Computer laws in North Carolina

"To end up actually being arrested for that seems a bit harsh."

In the state of North Carolina, willfully and knowingly accessing a computer system without authorization is a Class 1 misdemeanor. If they deleted any of her e-mail, it is upped to a Class G felony.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Don't use free webmail accounts for business purposes

That is all.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like