back to article President Biden urged to appoint AI officers to regulate this shiny-shiny tech

The US National Artificial Intelligence Advisory Committee has urged President Joe Biden to fill key positions and create new organizations to address rising societal concerns with AI models, in its upcoming first report.  The US government has been criticized for being slow to regulate the technology, and has been lagging …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

re. appoint AI officers to regulate this shiny-shiny tech

but who's going to watch 'AI officers', surely not 'Senior AI officers'?!

1. Paul Hovnanian Silver badge

Re: re. appoint AI officers to regulate this shiny-shiny tech

"but who's going to watch 'AI officers'"

The AI AI O.

1. IglooDame

Re: re. appoint AI officers to regulate this shiny-shiny tech

I assume it will be headed by Old MacDonald.

2. vcragain

I've always worried about the potential for a person being put in a position of power with assumed credentials that are not really either what they are claiming or are simply too out of date to warrant the position, with nobody really being on top of the knowledge tree & knowing enough to judge the situation. How to judge if you are too ignorant to know you are ignorant ? Scary !

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

"I've always worried about the potential for a person being put in a position of power with assumed credentials that are not really either what they are claiming or are simply too out of date to warrant the position, with nobody really being on top of the knowledge tree & knowing enough to judge the situation. politicians."

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Don't call them a czar

Whatever you do just don't call them a "czar"... it is a tired over used term... much like "new normal" or "ground zero"... can we move away from silly buzz words especially titles that do not make sense at all. Aside from the mere fact we spell it incorrectly in the first place.

Czar = an emperor of Russia before 1917. For Example: "the assassination of the tsar and his family"

And below a new definition created because of a our (US) overuse of the term.

Czar - a person appointed by government to advise on and coordinate policy in a particular area. For Example: "America's new drug czar"

4. Version 1.0 Silver badge
    Joke

Long time from now, in a place very far, in the court of a castle, on a star a mad jester tunes, his fiery guitar, and with a grin he says to the Czar:

I'm gonna sing you a Ancient tune "Look out pa! There's monkeys on the moon!"

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like