back to article Telstra sex romp woman back on the job

A female Telstra employee who was sacked for having sex in a bath with two male colleagues while "embarassed women co-workers cringed just metres away" has won compensation and her job back, The Australian reports. Carlie Streeter - from the company's retail outlet at Westfield Shopping Town in Miranda, Sydney - indulged in the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Edward Pearson

How terrible...

Oh so what.

It was a Christmas party, that for 3 people, got a little out of hand. I'm sure we've all been there.

Just because her fellow female employee's clearly aren't getting any at home, there's no reason deprive somebody whose already going to feel terrible (if not, then she really should) in the morning, of their livelyhood. If she'd have done this actually during work time, then I could see why they'd want to fire her, but during a party...

Who wants to bet the re-hiring committee was made up exclusivly of men thinking of going to THIS year's Christmas bash

2. Andy

Would you employ this woman?

I wouldn't, after that. Sounds like a really serious misjudgement on her part.

3. barbecuesteve

Sacking, indeed.

Sounds like this girl likes a good sacking.

4. John Cooper

The Real Reason...

Basically she was sacked because she was drunk and failed to act classy.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hmmm

http://www.telstra.com.au/abouttelstra/careers/telstra.cfm

6. Natalie Gritpants

My job is so boring.

The best we get is someone puking in the toilets.

7. John Ridley

RE: would you employ this woman?

If you wouldn't employ the woman, then be sure to fire the men involved as well.

Personally I'd have no problem with it. People are way the hell too uptight.

8. Ian Court

I'd employ her...

..in the testing department of our local condom factory.

9. Timothy Hill

You know ...

... if I were her, I wouldn't *want* to go back to work after that.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What happened to the store manager?

Seems like one rule for the slutty girl, one for the Big Male Stud. Pretty shitty in this day and age.

11. Ogdru

Why wasn't the sacker of the sackie sacked?

I find it hard to believe the manager, Steve Hatzistergos, wasn't sacked...I mean he, according to the testimony, was, but I mean sacked after the sacking.

Sacking (of the non-firing type) of a subordinate is usually dealt with quite harshly.

If I'd been a witness to such a situation I would have been much more concerned about a manager involved, and less about being sexually harassed.

Sounds to me like the other women involved were just being snobs and wanted her fired because they didn't like Miss Streeter.

12. Niall

And the others?

So three employees were involved, one of whom was the manager, yet she appears to have been the only one to get sacked. Equality at its finest, Men are studs women are sluts lives on.

Competition time:

What are the positions that can be adopted for a three in a bath romp? Preferably ones that won't result in you slipping and breaking your neck or drowning. Tap shaped bruising is probably inevitable.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

it's pretty common

It's called sex it's been happening a few years

now time to learn to live with it. Drunken sex

is not as good as it could be but it's not bad

if your not sick. You may gasp in horror but

I actually prefer it to work others may feel

the same way.

14. heystoopid

one word

Jealousy

15. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Bathroom etiquette

If you are in a hotel room with others and wake up and need to go to the bathroom, but it's occupied, what would you do?

I would use the public restroom on the same floor, or worst case, in the lobby. It would not even occur to me to enter a bathroom with three "busy" people and attempt to pee with them watching and then get upset enough about it to get someone fired afterwards. Who even does that??

16. RKP

Updated story

News service ninemsn.com.au has an update on this - it seems telstra did eventually sack the males involved: http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=285749 and they plan to appeal Ms Streeters re-employment decision

17. Paul Murray

God Bless Australia

God bless Australia! I Love this country!

18. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Title

Whilst sacking may not be appropriate, I would not want society to send out a signal that such disregard of others is an appropriate way to behave. How were these people dragged up ? If they wanted sex why not go rent their own place somewhere ? The support for them shown here is a sorry indictment of the way attitudes are these days. Oh and yes, all participants should have be subject to the same disciplinary actions.

19. Cameron Colley

I would employ her too...

Just because someone likes to party hard, doesn't mean they can't take their work seriously -- have they never heard of the old adage "Work hard, play hard."?

20. Dax Farrer

Repressed Housewife gets a Shock

She probably thought they were just playing with a bath duck or something.

friendly game of bath water polo

21. Scott Mckenzie

More Importantly

Was she fit and can we see pics?

22. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Christmas parties

Every company Christmas party I've ever been to always ends up with the womens toilets being covered in sick and with at least one passed out young woman lying near the entrance.

This is hardly news, just another woman I've seen getting very messy at a Christmas do and doing something with a co-worker or two that she shouldn't.

23. Mark

Office parties just aren't fun any more

Bring back the days when you could do embarrassing things at the office christmas party and the only thing you'd have to show for it would be a red face when you went back to work in the New Year (and the quiet talk with a collegue explaining how p**sed you were and that you don't remember a thing)

24. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Heh...

While I'm not in the least disapproving of these antics, as someone who has worked many jobs whilst "playing hard" I do think this kind of behaviour is a problem. What is the problem with separating work and social? Why is it such a huge thing to ask?

You want to get destroyed and screw everyone you work with, then book a room, do it on your own time, whatever. While I find the notion of trying to pee in front of them hilariously stupid, I also find the exhibitionism boring and obvious.

We all know that this kind of messiness makes workplaces intolerable. Reading between the lines I see arhcetypes of every type of office fool I've ever had to tolerate... from exhibitionist late starters to retarded 'studs' through prudes who live their lives making complaints.

It makes me imagine having to work in an office while all these fools cluck, nudge and wink about. Shudder.

25. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Pfft...

People objecting to it are just prudish brits, or Aussies who aren't getting any.

a.It wasn't in the workplace

b.The room was privately hired

c.Does this mean if someone has a flatmate they work with who is shagging that they can complain of sexual harassment if their flatmate shags in the toilet too?

Also it doesn't suggest she is a slut purely because of her actions that night, maybe she just enjoys sex. Or is that notion absurd to some readers here?

26. Steve Browne

I'd hire her

What is the matter with everyone, all these companies advertise themselves as fun place to be, with lots of team work, yet, when someone has a bit of fun with a team she gets sacked.

Wish I worked with her !

27. Roast Duck

offering a helping hand

the way i see it streeter was just being helpful by opening the door to the loo and letting the ms. take a leak..

the ms. shud count her blessings else she wud be washing her undergarments in front of the romp later..and maybe pay the fine for spoiling the hotel's carpet

28. Walter Brown

She should have...

Sued her co-worker for sexual harassment for knocking on the bathroom door then using the loo while she was getting sacked in the tub by 2 of her most favorite fella's

29. This post has been deleted by its author

30. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Complain?

Most people I know would stay and watch... or even join in!

31. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Damn prudes...

Is the whole world starting to be run by prudes? Whatever happened to all those liberal baby boomers?

Geez... how can it be workplace harrasment if it didn't happen in the workplace. Was it even a official company event?

Real liberal people need to start hitting back at the prudes and start complaining about frivilous complaints that these prudes make. I hope the two male employees get their jobs back.

32. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Well, here in the United States

As you all are aware, we here in the States, love Sex on the Job! Look at Old Bill Clinton. And now we have a bush in the white house!! Care to take a dab at that bush?

I think that the idiot who needed the loo, should have gone elsewhere. How LONG did she sit / stand there and stare glassy eyed at the OFFENSIVE NUDE MEN...?? Perhaps she was a little jealous and feeling left out at not having been invited to join in...

This topic is closed for new posts.